Cannabis on JPR

Writing an Ideal Bill for the Legalization of Recreational Cannabis. 7th attempt

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      HalfCentury Man
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 817

Partially as a thought exercise and partially to turn a tactic used against the American citizenry for decades into something positive. I want to get a good baseline for potential legislation to be given to every progressive office holder to introduce in every statehouse.
      So what would be the best outcome? In possession limits, both in residence and while out and about? Commercial/Retail company regulations? Protections of Minors? Regulations on spending the revenues generated by taxation?

We can’t go back and undue a century of misinformation, propaganda, and the idiotic “war on drugs” with complete instantaneous deregulation. So how do we build the best marketable package?</p>

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy: 13 March 1962.

HalfCentury Man
      Participant

In Residence Possession: 6 mature plants per adult per residence. This allows management of s*x and health of plants. As well as allows an adequate usable supply via rotational pruning.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

HalfCentury Man
      Participant

Out of Residence: 2 Ounces of dried raw cannabis, or 10 doses of edibles/pill forms. I have no experience with vaping so am unable to guess dosages.

HalfCentury Man
      Participant

All commercial ventures must be wholly owned by state residents. Worker Cooperatives are given first consideration for licensing. Interstate guilds can share informational, not financial resources.

HalfCentury Man
      Participant

Strain patents last 7 years then become common property

HalfCentury Man
      Participant

Regulations of minor possession and usage of cannabis equal to minor possession/ use of alcohol

HalfCentury Man
      Participant

All revenues are to be used for Public Education. Lawmakers are only to consider 45% of said revenues when calculating educational budgets (if there is a better way to protect the funding, I’m all ears).

HalfCentury Man
      Participant

These are just opening points, how can they be improved? What point(s) is/are overlooked?
      The point of this is ambitious, arrogant really, but for too long the people have had no input into the bills introduced to our legislative bodies.
      Why not work to change that?

Punxsutawney
      • Total Posts: 1,844

And many are now running in the 80-90% range.  And define a dose. 5mg’s orally would have a very noticeable effect on me, but for someone that uses daily, even if not heavily they might not even notice. A 1/2 gram cartridge would probably fail before I’d ever finish it.

I’d say the law would have to have a raw weight of  dried flower, and a total THC weight for edibles, though if they are homemade, how the hell is anyone going to be able to tell? It would take professional lab work and much time to figure it out.

In America, “Liberty” means “Free to Die in Service of Capital” - Amfortas the hippie.

Most of today’s elites have the moral and social reasoning capacities of spoiled toddlers.

“People of privilege will always risk their complete destruction rather than surrender any material part of their advantage...but the privileged also feel that their privileges, however egregious they may seem to others, are a solemn, basic, God-right. The sensitivity of the poor to injustice is a trivial thing c

HalfCentury Man
        Participant

I live in Wi, where it’s all illegal. That’s why I’m asking.

Punxsutawney
          • Total Posts: 1,844

Especially edibles. Just THC and CBD % levels, and the better ones will list other cannibinols like CBN and then terpenes as the terpene profile affects the way the THC affects you.

And dosaging is really an individual art with cannabis, especially orally as it really depends on so many factors including the relative mix of cannibinols and terpenes.

I for one would recommend starting at 5mg per dose if taken orally, but I’d get laughed at by regular users who might start at 20x that amount. One’ s body builds up a tolerance pretty quickly. Use regularly for several days straight and it will take more to get the same effect.

All this said, those of us in legal states are so, so, sooooo much better off to have it legal and to be able to buy different types and experiment with what works best for an individual.  To learn more I recommend you listen to this radio show pod casts especially the first three or four episodes if you are interested.

https://xray.fm/shows/this-is-cannabis

In America, “Liberty” means “Free to Die in Service of Capital” - Amfortas the hippie.

Most of today’s elites have the moral and social reasoning capacities of spoiled toddlers.

“People of privilege will always risk their complete destruction rather than surrender any material part of their advantage...but the privileged also feel that their privileges, however egregious they may seem to others, are a solemn, basic, God-right. The sensitivity of the poor to injustice is a trivial thing c

Jan Boehmerman
      • Total Posts: 3,513

I think Colorado has good regulation.  Brings money into the state  …… not too restrictive.

Snort McDork
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,917

And all these same things will be considered when the New Mexico legislature begins to debate their version of recreational cannabis; i.e taxes, minors, etc. This debate will begin in the next few weeks. Stay tuned.

I'm Snort McDork and I approved this message.

"I like birdy num-nums"

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.