• Update on weirdness

Update on site issues: (1. replies now need a title *and* something in the message box, 2. certain links are causing strange pop-ups on Apple devices, and 3. Some folks can't type anything into the text box.) Basically, a series of unfortunate events set us back on testing. We'll get to it as soon as we can, and hopefully things can get fixed by this weekend if not before.  More info: https://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/site-problems-more-info/

CC’s Wildlife and Scenery Photography Group

Home CC’s Wildlife and Scenery Photography Group

Winter birds need open water

• Omaha Steve (1100 posts)
    Profile photo of Omaha Steve Donor

Winter birds need open water

Enthusiast, NVBirdlady, 7wo7rees and 2 othersLive and Learn, jwirr like this
    "P.S. please if you get a chanse put some flowrs on Algernons grave in the bak yard.": Flowers for Algernon

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Haikugal (5305 posts)
    Profile photo of Haikugal Donor

1. Do you use a heater Steve?

Be the bird.....       Hey DNC! Up Yours! It's ON!! Kick against the pricks!!!
  • NJCher (1849 posts)
    Profile photo of NJCher Donor

2. I'll put some out today

but how do I keep it from freezing?

Cher

• NVBirdlady (3774 posts)
    Profile photo of NVBirdlady Donor

3. Yes, I've made sure all of mine are full. Heaters on two of my water dishes.

President Trump. Thanks DNC, HRC, DWS. #StillSanders. #NoDAPL  #NoKXL Giant Meteor 2020
  • NJCher (1849 posts)
    Profile photo of NJCher Donor

4. how to keep a fresh supply of water for birds from freezing

This is pretty cool!  Pics at the site.

Just fill a container with salt water, seal it, and put it inside a container of fresh water. The salt water keeps it from freezing.

No electricity needed!

This is a discovery for chicken coops, but it would work just fine for birds in general.

Cher