• update

The text box issue is fixed. You can now post just a title in replies again. Thank you Manny! Working on the rest. Thank you for your patience.

Computers and Technology

Home Computers and Technology

220 Mbps!

• MannyGoldstein (2256 posts)
    Profile photo of Manny Goldstein Admin

220 Mbps!

I just moved my Internet service from 25 Mbps to a competing 150 Mbps plan that costs less. It actually tests out to 220 Mbps, which is mind blowing to a guy that started at 0.0003 Mbps (300 BPs) back in the day.

I downloaded a 40-minute documentary in about 30seconds. Amazing.

NVBirdlady, Haikugal, jwirr and 6 othersroguevalley, tk2kewl, Enthusiast, HeartoftheMidwest, Punxsutawney, Silver Witch like this
    "It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it" - Upton Sinclair

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
7 replies
  • Silver Witch (4839 posts)
    Profile photo of Silver Witch

1. Remember when 16KB was king.

I remember the old dial up BBS where my phone bill was $200 one month (80s I think) almost had a stoke!!!

#Let'sTalkRevolution
  • Hobbit709 (2234 posts)
    Profile photo of Hobbit709 Donor

2. I got Google Fiber.

I’m averaging about 950 Mbps down and 960 Mbps up.

Most times the server I’m connecting to can’t keep up.

I won't shut up and I don't waste my time teaching pigs to sing
    • Mom Cat (8757 posts)
      Profile photo of Mom Cat Donor

4. Where do you live? How does one get google fiber?

NEVER FORGET      BERNIE WON!          
      • Hobbit709 (2234 posts)
        Profile photo of Hobbit709 Donor

5. Austin, TX. you have to be in one of the cities where Google has it.

Google Fiber
        Google Fiber is part of the Access division of Alphabet Inc.. It provides fiber-to-the-premises service in the United States, providing broadband Internet and cable television to a small and slowly increasing number of locations.More at Wikipedia
        Area served:Atlanta, Austin, Kansas City, Nashville, Provo, Salt Lake City, Highland Creek (Charlotte neighborhood)

I won't shut up and I don't waste my time teaching pigs to sing
    • Mnpaul (1126 posts)
      Profile photo of Mnpaul Donor

7. I could have Obama fiber

installed during the stimulus but the Democrats left the last mile for the private sector. As a result, it sits in the ground less than 100 feet from my apartment collecting dust. No one can use it.

If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything - Hamilton
  • elias39 (3227 posts)
    Profile photo of elias39 Donor

3. That's insane delivery. I'm lucky to get 20. Seriously.

“Name, no, nothing is nameable, tell, no, nothing can be told, what then, I don't know, I shouldn't have begun.” ― Samuel Beckett, Stories and Texts for Nothing
  • Enthusiast (8370 posts)
    Profile photo of Enthusiast Donor

6. Ya done good, Manny!

:bounce:

"The NSA’s capability at any time could be turned around on the American people, and no American would have any privacy left, such is the capability to monitor everything. There would be no place to hide."  Frank Church