Computers and Technology

Anybody Here Use Dragon?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      NJCher
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,071

I want to move to navigating my computer with voice commands. I’m wondering if anyone here can give me any general advice on Dragon, either light or otherwise.

Cher

NV Wino
      • Total Posts: 5,846

It wasn’t bad, and it has since improved. You can train it to your voice and speech patterns. The downside is, it’s annoying to have to speak punctuation and paragraph breaks. The upside is, it has versions incorporating jargon recognition for various occupations such as medical or legal, and regional accents.

I still can’t touch type as I used to, but I prefer to use my limited-finger typing to talking. Still, it’s a boon for those who can’t type at all.

On edit: I don’t have any experience about navigating the computer. Sorry, should have read your post more closely.

“As we act, let us not become the evil that we deplore.” Barbara Lee
      “Politicians and pro athletes: The only people who still get paid when they lose.” William Rivers Pitt

NJCher
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,071

what you say is actually the kind of info I’m seeking.

In my research, though, I think I’ve tracked down a voice navigated browser FOR FREE and I may start with that before I spend any money.

Yes, it’s overuse of the computer that is causing me to check this out.

Thanks for the info!

elias39
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 5,056

It was just OK back then – 10 years ago. I’m sure it’s much improved since.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.