Computers and Technology

Apple Reveals All-New Mac Pro at WWDC

• Author

Deadpool
    Administrator
    • Total Posts: 2,300
    @deadpool

The all-new Mac Pro is an absolute powerhouse with up to 28-core Intel Xeon processors, up to 1.5TB of ECC RAM, up to 4TB of SSD storage, up to AMD Radeon Pro Vega II Duo graphics with 64GB of HBM2 memory, and eight PCIe expansion slots for maximum performance, expansion, and configurability.

The new design includes a stainless steel frame with smooth handles and an aluminum housing that lifts off for 360-degree access to the entire system. The housing also features a unique lattice pattern, which has already been referred to as a cheese grater, to maximize airflow and quiet operation.

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/06/03/apple-previews-all-new-mac-pro-with-up-to-28-core-processor/

NV Wino
    • Total Posts: 3,010
    @nvwino

Well, that’s fucking ugly.

“As we act, let us not become the evil that we deplore.” Barbara Lee
    “Politicians and pro athletes: The only people who still get paid when they lose.” William Rivers Pitt

Deadpool
      Administrator
      • Total Posts: 2,300
      @deadpool

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

mrdmk
    • Total Posts: 741
    @mrdmk

Funny, in the comments people are complaining about the comments before the comments are made.

People are so brand envy and to be truthful, the only people who need that type of computing power are the people working in the movie business coming to a theater near you…

The Cheese Grater is a good name for it. Let’s see the math, $6,000 (box) plus $5,000 (monitor) equals $11,000 computer. Wonder how much the keyboard and mouse cost?

If you cannot dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit WC Fields

N2Doc
      Donor
      • Total Posts: 4,477
      @n2doc

I dunno, but the monitor has an optional $900 stand, and the base model of the Pro only has a 256 gb SS drive. So the cost for a system that will work for the film folks is likely far higher.

glinda
    Donor
    • Total Posts: 624
    @glinda

I am an Apple junkie so suspect it has something interesting about it. Do not have the funds for that beast though. I barely use my big table top iMac at this point and spend more time on my little Air and big iPad. I should sell my Big Mac really.

Animals know more than we do.

Hobbit709
    Donor
    • Total Posts: 882
    @hobbit709

Another overpriced Apple machine that won’t do gaming for that kind of money.

I can build one that WILL game for about half that and exceed those specs.

I don't waste my time teaching pigs to sing.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.