• update

The text box issue is fixed. You can now post just a title in replies again. Thank you Manny! Working on the rest. Thank you for your patience.

Computers and Technology

Home Computers and Technology

Edge browser crashes nearly every time.

• madfloridian (1865 posts)
    Profile photo of madfloridian Donor

Edge browser crashes nearly every time.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it that way all the time.

The Crone, Marym625 like this
    If a person is required to be loyal to a political party and not question their stands on issues, then any semblance of real truth is lost. https://twitter.com/madfloridian

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
19 replies
  • Hobbit709 (2217 posts)
    Profile photo of Hobbit709 Donor

1. It's Internet ExploDer under a different name.

Use something better and safer.

Mozilla, Opera, Pale Moon, anything but a Microsoft browser.

I won't shut up and I don't waste my time teaching pigs to sing

2. I do. I use both Chrome and Mozilla.

Just trying out Edge, since I’ve only had Win 10 a short time.  I have never seen such a browser.  It’s like they made it to be annoying.  I did try using it as IE using the given option…but still no good.

If a person is required to be loyal to a political party and not question their stands on issues, then any semblance of real truth is lost. https://twitter.com/madfloridian

3. Edge crashes if I use more than two tabs.

I only use it for two sites to avoid some conflicts I encounter.   But once I open a third tab, it just stops working.

That is just plain stupid and careless to have a browser that won’t work.

• HIP56948 (2315 posts)
      Profile photo of HIP56948 Donor

4. It's a real piece of work. Isn't it pretty (No) The favorites are easy to …

…change and use.  (No)   Does it stall out, lock up or (as your case) , just quit.  (Oh Yes)

I messed with it off and on for 2 months.   Took it out in the country, tied it up and came home. The fucking thing showed up at my door the next morning.  

• The Crone (3085 posts)
        Profile photo of The Crone Donor

5. Can you ride it home from the

Country?

One friend says everyone who gets Windows Ten should immediately strip everything off the computer and then load Windows Seven or Eight. I need to find out quickly what to do as my husband just opened the box with his new Windows 10 computer.

"Let us not seek the Republican answer nor the Democratic answer but the right answer." John F. Kennedy   America is the only country that has real   lemons in its furniture polish, and artificial lemon flavoring  in its lemonade!
        • HIP56948 (2315 posts)

7. Windows 10 is Ok. Just download Chrome browser to take the place of Edge.

• The Crone (3085 posts)

8. Will Firefox work okay?

My spouse won’t utilize Google Chrome due to his conviction it will land us in the camps a few months earlier than otherwise.

While I’m all, like: “Will there be canoes and ponies at the camps?”

"Let us not seek the Republican answer nor the Democratic answer but the right answer." John F. Kennedy   America is the only country that has real   lemons in its furniture polish, and artificial lemon flavoring  in its lemonade!

9. I use Firefox and Chrome. They work just fine.

I need to use Edge for one site to avoid a technical conflict….it does okay until I open the third tab then it crashes.

It’s terrible.

Chrome and Firefox are very fast.

• The Crone (3085 posts)

10. Thank you Madfloridian.

The new computer arrived last night, with its Windows Ten pre-installed  on it. So I will make the spouse read through these tidbits.

We already like Firefox, so that should not be that big a deal.

• HIP56948 (2315 posts)

15. Yep, I remember saying something to a friend, after my first look at Edge

“Christ, it looks like a stipped down version of a ’76 Yugo”….It’s like the powers that be told the team to make it as plain and corny as possible or we’ll send people to burn down your house”  

• Aerows (3112 posts)
                Profile photo of Aerows Donor

17. Opera might work for specific technical conflicts in some instances.

Edge means you are likely to go over it if you attempt to use it more than once or twice.

Root: If we're just information, just noise in the system, we might as well be a symphony.

18. Yep, I changed to Opera for that site.

Should have done it earlier.

• Rocco (591 posts)
            Profile photo of Rocco Donor

14. Come on, Windoze 10 is just

more tracking and advertising from Mickeysoft.

It is more complicated than it needs to be. There are other operating systems out there that are more stable, and less intrusive than this steaming pile of an OS.

• dEEDeeNL (108 posts)
              Profile photo of dEEDeeNL Banned

19. re: Windoze 10 is just more tracking and advertising from Mickeysoft

> There are other operating systems out there that are more stable, and less intrusive than this steaming pile of an OS. (emphasis added)

agree

• Earthshine (63 posts)
          Profile photo of Earthshine

16. I gave up Win 10 and I'm a lot happier.

From the start, when MS began forcing the upgrades on us to the present, Win 10 has been problematic for me.

The anniversary update was a bail of straw breaking the camel’s back.  It slowed down my computers substantially, especially the startup, and crashed them at will.

I use Win 7 or 8.1 and with Firefox exclusively.  The other major browsers like IE and Chrome, will spy on you.  Look who makes them.

If your computer came with Win 10, I don’t necessarily recommend downgrading.  But, at least set the privacy controls as appropriate to minimize the data going to MS.  For example, turn off location services, never use Cortana, and so much more.

Also, run this free program.  It will block some of the so-called “telemetry data” that MS seems to think is necessary for them to operate your computer for you.

https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/

I have come to despise MS.  If I wasn’t invested in advanced usage of Word, Excel, and Visual Studio, I’d be on Linux.

6. I can't believe Microsoft set it loose it's so awful.

:hi:

• The Crone (3085 posts)

11. Well, if you were a computer compiling notes on

Every site visited, and every comment posted anywhere, in order to send reports back to your Corporate Surveillance Overlords, you’d be awful too!

• JesterCS (6 posts)
    Profile photo of JesterCS

12. EDGE is horrible

I use Chrome, and rarely does it every crash.  There’s a reason edge and previous MS browsers were called Internet Exploder.

• Rocco (591 posts)
    Profile photo of Rocco Donor

13. They should have called it

Sledge, because it’s about as fast and as reliable as one!