Computers and Technology

Facebook deal makes it impossible to delete app.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      N2Doc
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 8,268

Facebook has made a number of deals with Samsung and other Android smartphone makers to make it impossible for people to delete the app.

The deals, first reported by Bloomberg, mean the Facebook app comes pre-installed onto devices and can only be disabled and not permanently removed.

It is not known how many deals were made with companies, but affected devices include the Samsung Galaxy S8.

Permanent apps that come pre-installed on smartphones, referred to in the industry as bloatware or crapware, are a common feature on Android phones, though usually they are native to the device manufacturer.

more

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/facebook-app-delete-android-smartphones-samsung-galaxy-a8719081.html?utm_source=reddit.com

mrdmk
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2,229

At this point I am so sick of my cell phone, if I am running an errand and leave the phone at home, I am not worried, I am relieved.

If you cannot dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit WC Fields

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.