Computers and Technology

For those with MacBook Pro laptops

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      retired liberal
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4,276

The latest update borked the clicking and dragging of .jpg to a flash drive. It just leaves an empty, zero bite file.
      Google was not any help, this is too new.

The update is macOS Big Sur Version 11.5

I finally figured out that Command “c” and Command “v” still works to copy & paste pictures I take with my iPhone to a flash drive so I can transfer what I want to my main computer, or wherever non Apple.
      This is something M$ would do. Why? Hopefully they will fix this with the next update.

We are an arrogant species, believing our fantasy based "facts" are better than the other person's fake facts.
      If you are wrong, it will be because you are not cynical enough.
      The older we get, the less "Life in Prison" is a deterrent.
      Always wear a proper mask when out and about. The life you save could be both yours and mine.

Mr. Mickeys Mom
      • Total Posts: 6,177

I generally don’t do that with jpegs. I’m sure I’ll notice something and now I know who I can bitch about it to.

Hell, no... I'm not giving up...

retired liberal
      Participant

We are an arrogant species, believing our fantasy based "facts" are better than the other person's fake facts.
      Always wear a proper mask when out and about. The life you save could be both yours and mine.

retired liberal
      Participant

To move pictures from a MacBook Pro laptop, to a flash drive

Up until macOS Big Sur, Version 11.5, I could Left click and drag pictures to a flash drive. Quick, simple, familiar.
      But apparently Apple has hired some Microsoft software engineers and it shows. Firefox doesn’t work anymore either.

Anyway, to get your pictures off the MacBook and onto another computer, do this:

Bring up the “Photos” program. Highlight the photo/s to be copied to the flash drive. If more than one photo is wanted, press and hold the Command Key and left click on the photo/s to be copied.

Left click on File in upper left corner of screen. Select Export, then Export x Photo… where x is the number of photos you wish to copy to the flash drive.
      In the pop up window, press “
      Export”.

In the next pop up window, on the left hand side, find the name of the flash drive you want to export to and highlight it.

Then click on the Export button.

Go back to the Desk Top. Double click on the flash drive icon, on the desk top and make sure the photos are there and have a size of greater than zero.
      Here, you can also click on each listed photo to make sure you have selected the photos you wanted.

You can remove any photos you do not want by Right clicking on the listing for whatever photo and select “Move to Trash”.

When done, close the flash drive window. Right click on the Flash Drive on the Desk Top and select “Eject (name of Flash Drive).

Remove flash drive.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.