• working on it

If you are having login or password reset issues, please email [email protected] or [email protected]

• Site issues

New hamster wheels put into service last night: hopefully things will be a little faster and smoother now! There *were* some hiccups, but things seem to be OK now. Please log any problems in the "Help & Q&A Forum", thanks!

Computers and Technology

Home Computers and Technology

Hotmail password

• PADemD (779 posts)
    Profile photo of PADemD Donor

Hotmail password

Has anyone ever had their iPhone require re-entry of a Hotmail password after it has been used for months?

My Hotmail account has not been hacked (I hope) because I signed into it before re-entering the password on my iPhone.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• LimeTree (38 posts)
    Profile photo of LimeTree Donor

1. The first thing I try is pressing cancel

If the mail server, and it’s not just hotmail, is unresponsive the iPhone will eventually try to login again.

I’ve not needed to re-enter the password once I’ve successfully logged in to a mail account with the iPhone.

• PADemD (779 posts)
      Profile photo of PADemD Donor

2. I pressed cancel several times.

I kept getting the same message.  I probably should have tried turning the phone off and on first.

• Paulie (172 posts)
    Profile photo of Paulie Donor

3. Hotmail / Outlook.com was broken this morning

For a couple hours globally.   Your phone should be good now.  Unless they broke it again. :-)

IMG_9175
  • HIP56948 (1638 posts)
    Profile photo of HIP56948 Donor

4. Hotmail was acting strange to me last night (the 6th) Maybe it's not you.