• working on it

If you are having login or password reset issues, please email [email protected] or [email protected]

• Site issues

New hamster wheels put into service last night: hopefully things will be a little faster and smoother now! There *were* some hiccups, but things seem to be OK now. Please log any problems in the "Help & Q&A Forum", thanks!

Computers and Technology

Home Computers and Technology

Malwarebytes 3 has Exploit and Ransomware protection.

• madfloridian (1370 posts)
    Profile photo of madfloridian Donor

Malwarebytes 3 has Exploit and Ransomware protection.

I had the paid version of Malwarebytes, Malware only.  I found out that I could get the new version for free, easy to do.  It will cost about $10 dollars more yearly, but I think it’s worth it.

It works well with my Kaspersky Security, and I don’t realize it’s there until it catches something. I had gotten 2 of those pages I think were either scams or pretend ransomware.   Both times I could not do anything but turn off the computer.  The page just froze and the warnings were scary.  I did not call the numbers given, just rebooted and all was okay.

But it scared me enough to get the new version.  It’s almost too automatic, but I have always trusted Malwarebytes.

Just a heads up because I see others getting that same scary page and warning.

If a person is required to be loyal to a political party and not question their stands on issues, then any semblance of real truth is lost. https://twitter.com/madfloridian

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.