Computers and Technology

Home Computers and Technology

Microsoft admits its aggressive Windows 10 push was a low point for the company

• AlreadyInUse (1369 posts)
    Profile photo of AlreadyInUse

Microsoft admits its aggressive Windows 10 push was a low point for the company

In its quest to get people to upgrade to Windows 10 while the new operating system was still free, Microsoft took a surprisingly aggressive approach, which got uglier, and uglier as the year went on.

The company’s dirty tricks included downloading Windows 10 files onto users computers without permission, making Windows 10 a “Recommend update”, removing the “no thanks” button from the Get Windows 10 box, changing the behavior of the red corner x, and sneaking an advert for Windows 10 into a Windows 7 security patch. Now the company admits it did cross the line, but only at one point — can you guess which?

In my opinion, all of the dirty tricks were appalling, and unbecoming of a company of Microsoft’s stature, but Chris Capossela, Chief Marketing Officer at Microsoft, actually thinks the firm got its approach right most of the time, with one notable exception.

http://betanews.com/2016/12/23/microsoft-aggressive-windows-10-push-a-low-point/

arendt, A little weird, azurnoir like this

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• azurnoir (1990 posts)
    Profile photo of azurnoir Donor

1. it went from comical to annoying to f*%@ this

no I do not want to be a crash test dummy for your new operating system

why do establishment Democrats appear to be 'progressive' only when dominated by republicans? 
  • HIP56948 (2163 posts)
    Profile photo of HIP56948 Donor

2. I don't particularly care for Microsoft's new partner.

• FanBoy (7985 posts)
    Profile photo of FanBoy

3. what are they gonna say? "Yeah, we're unethical as shit, just like our founder"

• Post Removed (853 posts)
    Profile photo of Post Removed Donor

4. No microsoft you have gone much lower…

MSN

and