Computers and Technology

Reverting FB back to previous GUI-design

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Gryneos
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,212

Sure, most of y’all probably don’t use FB and that’s great. I wouldn’t be using it either if not for various friends who insist on using it. As such, I am forced to use whatever “upgrades” FB forces upon me, or so I thought.

After complaining about one of their “features” recently (where they notify you of videos made by people you do not even know) a friend gave me the following link, to revert FB back to its previous interface. According to the site, it tells FB that you’re using an older browser which can’t reproduce their new graphics and functions. It’s made for Vivaldi, but there are extensions for all of the other major browsers, too.

https://revertsite.com

So, if you can’t stand the new layout and obnoxious “features” Faceberg forced upon you, get the extension and stop being anywhere near as annoyed with the service :~)

Who are you? | What do you want? | Why are you here? | Where are you going? | Do you have anything worth living for? | Who do you serve and who do you trust?

glinda
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 806

Hate the new layout. Thanks.

Animals know more than we do.

Hobbit709
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2,100

Unfortunately the plugin doesn’t work with SeaMonkey.

I don't waste my time teaching pigs to sing.

Gryneos
      Participant

How does it compare to either Vivaldi or Opera?

Glad to hear it works well on Firefox @Hobbit709 (I don’t use that one here) :~)

Who are you? | What do you want? | Why are you here? | Where are you going? | Do you have anything worth living for? | Who do you serve and who do you trust?

Gryneos
      Participant

@glinda :~)

I’m also glad I have friends on FB who know how to fix it for the better. I never would have thought to look for a fix like Revert.

Hobbit709
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2,100

because it had the look and feel of the old Netscape-which was the first browser I used.

I don't waste my time teaching pigs to sing.

Gryneos
      Participant

That was probably my first browser, too. But then I heard about Opera, and even bought it, back when that was a thing for them. However, when Opera decided to dump all the good stuff about their browser after version-12 and went to a Chrome-clone, Vivaldi came into being not long after. I’ve been with them ever since. It’s almost like having the old Opera, other than no more cool skins (such as the “woodworker” one I had on Opera-12) :~)

yourout
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 421
      Gryneos
      Participant

Well, it seems that Faceberg didn’t like people using the old version and has removed that loop-hole, as announced on Revertsite.com:

Facebook have now disabled the loop-hole that this add-on used to get the old Facebook site design back. So this extension is not currently working. Please be patient while I investigate the possibility of getting it working again. BTW If you still want the old design, its possible if you are a Facebook Page or Group Admin, there should be a switch that lets you switch back for 48 hours on the Page/Group admin page. You could also try creating a Group or a Page, and see if you get the option to switch back.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.