Computers and Technology

So now we need 6G?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      HassleCat
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 6,869

Why are we anticipating 6G? Most places have not implemented 5G, right? Or is it because 5G is a disappointment? Or is it because the tech companies just have to sell us something?

Take the lead in 6G — or lose it to China (msn.com)

mrdmk
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,465

The, “New and Improved” tag line keeps old and outdated institutions alive well past their sell dates. Many have heard that 99% of start up businesses do not survive. Here is the other side, businesses that make it pass their first year have a life expectancy of 7 years. Any business pass 7 years starts to experience diminishing returns.

Here is my experience with a true to life 5G Apple cell phone from an employer in the Los Angeles:

There is no improvement between my experience making a phone call

There is no improvement in texting

There is no appreciable improvement with sending emails including attached pictures

The big one, surfing the internet with a phone. Not really, surfing the internet with a phone still sucks for many reasons starting with size.

Sorry, do not do social media on a business phone.

Another biggie, 5G is spotty, most of the Los Angeles area is 4G.

Here is the real truth about 5G in the U.S.A., there is no real 5G here in the U.S.A. It is mostly an overclocked 4G saying it is 5G. The reason for this is, most of the 5G technology patients are owned by the Chinese company Huawei, which has sanctions imposed by the U.S.A.

So does the cell phone industry want to sell 6G at this point? Yeah. Is it any better than 4G? Depends on the experience of the user is the real answer!

If you cannot dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit WC Fields

Warning DO NOT CLICK HERE!
      Mindwalker
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 322

Augmented reality (AR).  I really hate phones, and I hate phone calls.  They’re all ads, and phones take this approach of being like non-maskable interrupts (NMI).  That said, I’d really like a good AR headset or, more likely, a pair of glasses, that overlays images on top of real objects to show information or controls.  It will be like the early world-wide-web, where it will take some time to add these things to objects, but once it gets going it should take off.  Having a fast net connection will be critical to making this all work.

mrdmk
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 3,465

As a matter of fact, it fits the corporate advertising model which Google is attempting to propagate the Internet into.

When the internet was first conceived, it was a medium for information. Now it is a place to advertise and sell something. Just look at the results you get when you do a search.

Not to mention the telemetry or tracking information on the user of a cell phone.

If you cannot dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit WC Fields

Warning DO NOT CLICK HERE!
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.