• Update on weirdness

Update on site issues: (1. replies now need a title *and* something in the message box, 2. certain links are causing strange pop-ups on Apple devices, and 3. Some folks can't type anything into the text box.) Basically, a series of unfortunate events set us back on testing. We'll get to it as soon as we can, and hopefully things can get fixed by this weekend if not before.  More info: https://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/site-problems-more-info/

Computers and Technology

Home Computers and Technology

What am I doing wrong on Imgur? Pics won't post half the time.

• madfloridian (1851 posts)
    Profile photo of madfloridian Donor

What am I doing wrong on Imgur? Pics won't post half the time.

Sometimes they will, mostly they won’t.  I copy paste, drag and drop, open a new window for the picture, then try again.   Only the link shows here.  Any ideas?

Enthusiast likes this
    If a person is required to be loyal to a political party and not question their stands on issues, then any semblance of real truth is lost. https://twitter.com/madfloridian

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Hobbit709 (2196 posts)
    Profile photo of Hobbit709 Donor

1. I think the problem lies with imgur.

Other people have reported the same.

I have a problem with photobucket, sometimes a video posts and other times it only shows a link to the video.

I won't shut up and I don't waste my time teaching pigs to sing
  • MattSh (461 posts)
    Profile photo of MattSh

2. Have you tried this?

Have you tried clicking on the insert image icon (highlighted) and pasting in the image URL?  When other things don’t work, that seems to work for me.  Make sure the image address ends with .jpg or .png or .gif.

The Tweetings Will Continue Until Morale Improves - Donald J. Trump ••   
  • Babel 17 (2525 posts)
    Profile photo of Babel 17 Donor

3. How tweaked is your browser?

I had to dial back the automatic deleting of history and cookies upon browser close in order for some sites to work properly. And at times Adblock Plus has to be disabled.

Here’s what I do. I have Windows 10, which comes with Microsoft’s Edge browser. I have not modified it in any way. If Firefox gives me any issues on a website, I test the site using Edge. If a site also gives Microsoft’s latest and greatest a problem, I then think the issue is with the site. If not, I start adjusting my Firefox browser for use with the site, or resign to only using Edge with it.

Edge is listed under Apps, or you can just type in Edge in Search. Its shortcut might already be on your desktop.

If you’re not on Windows 10, this strategy should also work with Internet Explorer, a fine browser. There are other browsers, like Opera, but you’d have to install one of them. What I’m proposing is just using what one already has.

• Eggar (1990 posts)
    Profile photo of Eggar Donor

4. I sent you a

Secret PM

JIC imgur gets wind of the process and somehow thwarts the method – I have seen it done elsewhere. Also take note of what MattSh said. I sometime have to do that too, but mainly when I fall to my slow 2g periods :(