• Site issues

Some things were updated on the servers last night, there were some hiccups, but things seem to be OK now. Please log any problems in the "Help & Q&A Forum", thanks!

Computers and Technology

Home Computers and Technology

What's a good program to save bookmarks.

• madfloridian (1370 posts)
    Profile photo of madfloridian Donor

What's a good program to save bookmarks.

Firefox keeps losing the “Recently Bookmarked” setting.  I keep researching how to get it back, and a week later it’s gone again.

I’m supposed to have Pocket, but Firefox has hidden it so well it can’t be found on a search.

I just want something simple to be able to find ones I recently bookmarked.

Thanks

Enthusiast likes this
    If a person is required to be loyal to a political party and not question their stands on issues, then any semblance of real truth is lost. https://twitter.com/madfloridian

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
6 replies
  • Mom Cat (6136 posts)
    Profile photo of Mom Cat Donor

1. They did the same thing to my. Stuff started going to another folder

called “other bookmarks” That seems to be working out for me for now.

NEVER FORGET      BERNIE WON!          
  • dreamnightwind (726 posts)
    Profile photo of dreamnightwind Donor

2. Have you tried this?

Firefox, “Show All Bookmarks” from the Boomarks menu (for me, when I click on the Bookmarks menu it also shows me an item called “Pocket List”), then in the left pane of the Bookmarks Library that opens, select Bookmarks Menu (under All Bookmarks), and you should see all of your bookmarks, with a column headingg of “added” that can be clicked on to sort by the date the bookmarks were added.

Maybe not real convenient, I’m used to it so it seems pretty easy. Let me know if that doesn’t work or if I misunderstood what you’re looking for.

4. Finally showed up for me under all bookmarks.

Finally the button showed up as well.   Guess I will use it and see.

If a person is required to be loyal to a political party and not question their stands on issues, then any semblance of real truth is lost. https://twitter.com/madfloridian
  • Babel 17 (2198 posts)
    Profile photo of Babel 17 Donor

3. Mozbak still works for me

http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/download.php

I’ve got backups going years. It can also be set to back up just about everything with Firefox. So if I mess up especially bad I can reinstall Firefox, run MozBackup, and even the unique look of Firefox I set up gets restored. Along with my cookies, saved logins, bookmarks, add-ons, and plug-ins. I keep it in its own folder on several different external drives. Each backup is a new one, I don’t overwrite the old ones, and I backup to each drive. It only takes a few minutes.

P.S. Did you try clicking up top on “Show All Bookmarks” after you clicked on “Bookmarks”? From there, inside “Library”,  click on “Bookmarks Menu”. You’ll then see “Recently Bookmarked”. You can right click on it, select “Copy”, and then paste it on top of your other bookmarks, in your normal menu. I just did that, and it’s showing my ten most recent bookmarks. That’s double/five more of what I see under the default “Recent Bookmarks”. The difference being I have to click on this new addition. Pretty cool! :)

Lol, I just learned this.

5. What's so weird is that recently bookmarked was there, now it is not.

Well, it is listed, but it is grayed out.  They keep moving it around, and it makes no sense.

• Babel 17 (2198 posts)
        Profile photo of Babel 17 Donor

6. It's greyed out for me as well, but underneath it are the most recent bookmarks

They’re listed individually, like all my bookmarks not in folders, but just under the greyed out “Recently Bookmarked”.