• Rollback of WP Edit

Hopefully everyone can post OK now - a bad plugin update prevented a few people from posting https://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/site-updatefix/. If anyone has new issues, please let us know!

Election Fraud

Home Election Fraud

Florida court strikes down ‘obscene’ vote-by-mail law after Democrats sue

• eridani (1896 posts)
    Profile photo of eridani Donor

Florida court strikes down ‘obscene’ vote-by-mail law after Democrats sue

This is why we need national standards.  In WA State, with all mail-in ballots, signature mismatches require three contacts, at lease one of which mus be by mail.  Any corrections received before final validation of results must be counted.

https://thinkprogress.org/florida-court-strikes-down-obscene-vote-by-mail-law-after-democrats-sue-666c07d4ec2f#.t6rwpwxf2

A court in Tallahassee struck down Florida’s policy of throwing out absentee ballots when the voter’s signature doesn’t exactly match the one the state has on file. The Sunday night ruling sided with the Florida Democratic Party and Democratic National Committee and declared the policy unconstitutional.

U.S. District Judge Mark E. Walker explained that the state was using a “crazy quilt of conflicting and diverging procedures” that allowed local officials who “lack formal handwriting-comparison training or education” to decide whose signature was valid and whose ballot should be thrown away.

“This Court knows disenfranchisement when it sees it and it is obscene,” he wrote.

The court also blasted the state for failing to offer voters any way to fix their ballot if their signature was in question, even though they offered this safety net to voters who simply forgot to sign their ballot at all.

twenty, VoiceOfReason, hypergrove and 3 othersPastiche, Pam, PADemD like this
    You've heard of the Good Witch of the North and the Wicked Witch of the West, right?  I'm the Morally Ambiguous Witch of the Northwest.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• HassleCat (934 posts)
    Profile photo of HassleCat

1. I was an election official in Oregon

We used vote by mail, and we had very little problem with signature verification.  Sounds to me like Florida is doing it wrong, but that doesn’t surprise me.

• VoiceOfReason (989 posts)
    Profile photo of VoiceOfReason Banned

2. Florida?

I fucking hate florida.

"Men who do evil brilliantly are often admired"  Voltaire BERN BABY BERN!!  War is madness!