• New Registration

To become a member of JackpineRadicals please see post https://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/new-members/

Election Fraud

Home Election Fraud

Purged from voting rolls while deployed, Ohio vet demands answers

• eridani (3300 posts)
    Profile photo of eridani Donor

Purged from voting rolls while deployed, Ohio vet demands answers

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/01/11/an-army-vet-was-purged-from-ohios-voter-rolls-now-a-mayor-he-confronted-the-official-in-charge/?tid=sm_fb&utm_term=.ad30bf3788b4

Every year, Ohio officials scrub an untold number of names from state voter rolls under an aggressive and, some argue, unconstitutional policy that purges people who fail to vote in consecutive elections.

Joe Helle, the Democratic mayor of Oak Harbor, a small village near Lake Erie, says he was once among the disenfranchised. On Wednesday, in a dramatic exchange at the steps of the U.S. Supreme Court, he confronted the man he says was ultimately responsible for twice barring him from casting ballots.

The moment was more than six years in the making. In 2011, Helle, an Army veteran, returned home from tours in Iraq and Afghanistan and tried to vote in a local election, only to be told that poll workers couldn’t find his name. A couple of months later, in the general election, he was blocked again. This time, board of elections officials revealed he had been removed from the state’s roll due to “inactivity.”

“I started crying,” Helle told The Washington Post. “To come home after defending that fundamental right and to be told that I couldn’t exercise it, that was heartbreaking

mmonk, Two way street, NV Wino like this
    You've heard of the Good Witch of the North and the Wicked Witch of the West, right?  I'm the Morally Ambiguous Witch of the Northwest.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Two way street (2973 posts)
    Profile photo of Two way street Donor

1. Americans are sick and tired of crappy lying politlicians that vote against us

and take away out Constitutional rights.

Draft Bernie for a People's Movement against Fascism.