• update

The text box issue is fixed. You can now post just a title in replies again. Thank you Manny! Working on the rest. Thank you for your patience.

Health and Fitness

Home Health and Fitness

Good news on the back "front"!

• Mom Cat (8746 posts)
    Profile photo of Mom Cat Donor

Good news on the back "front"!

All the pain and immobility has been the result of easily removable bone spurs. It can all be corrected in outpatient day surgery! Feb 6th is the date set. I am so happy. I have been trying for over five years to get to the bottom of all of this with doctor after doctor telling me they couldn’t see anything on the MRSs” Finally, I found a new doctor who was willing to do more tests. He found the bone spurs that were irritating the nerve” After all this time I will finally get relief.

Lesson learned: Trust your own body.

Thanks to everyone for all of your personal stories, advice and encouragement.

My housemate will be going in at the end of January, so we will be having “back to back” surgeries. Wish him luck!

DJ13, Pastiche, Enthusiast and 15 othersBabel 17, historylovr, daleanime, jdpriestly, madfloridian, Silver Witch, Doremus Jessup, roguevalley, nenagh, Sadie, tonyl, Populist Prole, NVBirdlady, Cleita, NV Wino like this
         NEVER FORGET      BERNIE WON!          

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
9 replies
  • goodgirl (2185 posts)
    Profile photo of goodgirl Donor

1. I am very happy for you!

:hug:

Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.    John F. Kennedy
  • NJCher (1870 posts)
    Profile photo of NJCher Donor

2. it's a relief when you know what it is, right?

Bone spurs can cause some of the most incredible pain–like plantar fasciitis, for example. Anyway, I’m happy to hear you’ll be better, and hopefully soon.

Cher

• Sadie (3068 posts)
    Profile photo of Sadie Donor

3. Wonderful!

As someone who has lived with Sciatica and the horrible pain/stress that ensues, I am thrilled that you have a plan.  I learned so much from others who have suffered just as we have.  Wishing you success and life sans pain.  

Wake up, peeps, their kids go to Harvard and Yale; your kids go to Iraq & Afghanistan.   
    • jdpriestly (5879 posts)
      Profile photo of jdpriestly

6. There are some great exercises for sciatica. Check it out on Youtube.

No Truth!  No Trust!  Bernie or Bust!
      • Sadie (3068 posts)
        Profile photo of Sadie Donor

7. Thanks!

I have and am doing well right now.  Hope it never gets to the point that I need surgery!

Wake up, peeps, their kids go to Harvard and Yale; your kids go to Iraq & Afghanistan.   
        • jdpriestly (5879 posts)
          Profile photo of jdpriestly

8. I have it too.

No Truth!  No Trust!  Bernie or Bust!
  • oldandhappy (3223 posts)
    Profile photo of oldandhappy Donor

4. very happy news

Lots of hugs and lots and lots of best wishes for Feb. 6th.  We expect a video of you dancing as your mom cat figure is dancing in your sig line.  

• Silver Witch (4839 posts)
    Profile photo of Silver Witch

5. Yeah MomCat. Good news!!!

#Let'sTalkRevolution
  • Enthusiast (8358 posts)
    Profile photo of Enthusiast Donor

9. That's great news, Mom Cat! Good luck to your housemate.

"The NSA’s capability at any time could be turned around on the American people, and no American would have any privacy left, such is the capability to monitor everything. There would be no place to hide."  Frank Church