Jackpine Elders

Hey all! Question.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Doremus Jessup
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 45

Anybody have or no anybody who has had a stimulator inserted in abdomen or upper buttocks to control pain? The unit I am trying out for a week at the end of the month is made by Abbott Labs Burst DR with an apple control device. Had Laminectomy 18th of December and that lasted about two months until I got another pinched nerve that surgeon had noticed but was not aware I had trouble in that area. Epidural helped last August and between the 12th of August and the 20th, when I had a disc collapse in that area, the Dr. had been transferred to Indy. I waited 44 days for a nerve block. Not the same as an epidural by a long shot. Took about 25 days to help but I’m up and walking daily as opposed to on the couch fetal for a month and a half.

I have to get another covid test 5 days before hand. Like DeWine, probably the Abbott test that was producing a 50% false negative. I’m glad tRump likes that test.

Just curious. Thanks in advance if anyone has good or bad results or stories of others. I’ve talked with 2 guys that love them and 2 that thought it was a waste of time. They are much farther advanced now and can be reprogrammed without yanking them like they used to.

elias39
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 5,300

sorry.

Mr. Mickeys Mom
      • Total Posts: 4,888

My SO had lumbar reconstructed and this controlled the unbelievable amount of pain.

Lots of the outcome depends on how much exercise you did before any of these procedures and how much you can walk afterwards. Sounds like you were starting to do well…

Hell, no... I'm not giving up...

beemerphill
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 105

Good Luck !! Hope it works for you.

beemerphill

Doremus Jessup
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 45

Thanks for the feedback. I don’t want the setback. The atrophy in my legs is getting better and I need the next 90 days to square that up. Sitting here in Indiana surrounded by states that are covid filled. I don’t doubt that it “might” or “could” help in the long term. I’m not so sure that staying on my routine isn’t the much wiser move at this point in my life and the life of the pandemic. Stuff scare me. Not Q-Anon scared… just basic regular person don’t want it no matter where it came from.

Still love that kitty! I need to drop in and say hey to ralps if he is still posting.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.