Jackpine Elders

Man plans to live at Holiday Inn instead of nursing home because it's cheaper

• Author

eridani
    Donor
    • Total Posts: 5,309
    @eridani

https://www.king5.com/article/news/nation-world/man-plans-to-live-at-holiday-inn-instead-of-nursing-home-because-its-cheaper/285-4349670c-00b4-4e34-b641-ec8353eae557?fbclid=IwAR3yuQnaStqrst5O7y7-Y-r_GPO01lDiqG4KQS298QYZMsH6rfn3ACj8m1c

A man says he’s done the research and the math, and he’s concluded that living in a Holiday Inn is a much better deal than moving into a nursing home.

“With the average cost for a nursing home care costing $188.00 per day, there is a better way when we get old and too feeble. I’ve already checked on reservations at the Holiday Inn. For a combined long term stay discount and senior discount, it’s $59.23 per night,” Terry Robison wrote in a Facebook post that now has 89,000 shares.

Robison, whose Facebook profile says he lives in Spring, Texas, goes on to point out the hotel often has free breakfasts and sometimes happy hours.

He argues that with the extra money, he can then pay for other meals, laundry and even tips for the hotel staff as he lives out his golden years in the hotel.

Perhaps the best part? He says you can easily move around and travel to Holiday Inns all over the world.

Jesus: Hey, Dad? God: Yes, Son? Jesus: Western civilization followed me home. Can I keep it? God: Certainly not! And put it down this minute--you don't know where it's been! Tom Robbins in Another Roadside Attraction

Lord Thomas
    Donor
    • Total Posts: 1,032
    @lordthomas

I love this. Thinking outside the box.

So I told my wife about this, she immediately said we could do that. We have no children, some good friends but they will have their own issues growing old as we do.

Then her brain kicked in and she thinks, we could sell everything, buy a small motel for that purpose and live out our lives with other folks living out theirs. Help them out till we no longer could. Sometimes I really love my wife, she has the biggest heart. 

Mr. Mickeys Mom
    • Total Posts: 2,928
    @mrmickeysmom

Doesn’t this just tell you all you need to know about the state of health and anything that pretends to be long term care?

Brilliant idea, and yes… let’s keep thinking outside that box. Oh… and Medicare for All, ya’ll

Hell, no... I'm not giving up...

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.