Jackpine Pets

Home Jackpine Pets

A few of my dog drawings

• AlreadyInUse (1369 posts)
    Profile photo of AlreadyInUse

A few of my dog drawings

The two Chesapeake Bay Retrievers were our old dogs; the Bluetick Coonhound was a national obedience champ belonging to our dog trainer.

LaaDeeDaaVA, jwirr, night and 22 othersDeadpool, Gallagher, goodgirl, eridani, Pastiche, LiberalElite, Enthusiast, 7wo7rees, NVBirdlady, KarenS, broiles, Bluesuedeshoes, HomerRamone, Live and Learn, Sadie, awoke in 2003, sixstring, roguevalley, tk2kewl, Haikugal, ThouArtThat, LiberalArkie like this

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
17 replies
  • LiberalArkie (3858 posts)
    Profile photo of LiberalArkie Donor

1. So very nice.

• ThouArtThat (3868 posts)
    Profile photo of ThouArtThat Donor

2. Thank You For Sharing – Very Nice

eom

"In America Today, Power Corrupts and Money Corrupts Absolutely" - Anonymous  
  • Haikugal (5221 posts)
    Profile photo of Haikugal Donor

3. Very nice artwork! I really like both breeds.

Bluetick and Redbone hounds are good hunting dogs and Chessies are outstanding water dogs, and big! Wonderful, thanks for sharing!

Be the bird.....       Hey DNC! Up Yours! It's ON!! Kick against the pricks!!!
  • Land of Enchantment (6315 posts)
    Profile photo of Land of Enchantment Moderator

4. Wow. Just wow. What medium–pencil? Charcoal? Pastel?

You have REAL talent. The detail is insane. Thank you for posting these, they speak to me.

"Hope is the feathered thing that perches in your heart." ~ Emily Dickinson  

5. Graphite pencil on Strathmore 300 Series Bristol Vellum.

And thank you!

• Land of Enchantment (6315 posts)
        Profile photo of Land of Enchantment Moderator

6. bookmarked your thread…will save the images later!

"Hope is the feathered thing that perches in your heart." ~ Emily Dickinson  
  • awoke in 2003 (410 posts)
    Profile photo of awoke in 2003

7. Very nice

I wish I had talent in this area.

Call me Owen
  • Scuba (3079 posts)
    Profile photo of Scuba Donor

8. Nice, thanks.

• Sadie (3068 posts)
    Profile photo of Sadie Donor

9. Thank you

I am a Lab lover and think the world of my elder chocolate lab.  Your art is beautiful! :heart:

Wake up, peeps, their kids go to Harvard and Yale; your kids go to Iraq & Afghanistan.   
    • xloadiex (285 posts)
      Profile photo of xloadiex

10. I'm a Lab lover too

my life revolves around my old yellow boy (and my 2 chihuahuas.) I had a black before the yellow.

What beautiful artwork. I have trouble drawing stick figures.

• Sadie (3068 posts)
        Profile photo of Sadie Donor

11. So intelligent

I have enjoyed watching her over the years, because she speaks to me with her eyes and she understands everything I say.

Even when I open a cheese wrapper while she is sleeping.  Beautiful music to her ears.  

Wake up, peeps, their kids go to Harvard and Yale; your kids go to Iraq & Afghanistan.   
  • KarenS (95 posts)
    Profile photo of KarenS

12. These are lovely,,,

You are very talented and it’s apparent that you love dogs.  Thank you for sharing your work with us  :)

• NVBirdlady (3774 posts)
    Profile photo of NVBirdlady Donor

13. Beautiful. You are very talented. The detail is amazing.

bookmarked.

President Trump. Thanks DNC, HRC, DWS. #StillSanders. #NoDAPL  #NoKXL Giant Meteor 2020
  • Calico (404 posts)
    Profile photo of Calico Donor

14. My eyes can feel the soft fur!

The dogs’ eyes are so alive. I’m in awe of your talent! Where do you find the patience to be so detailed? Just lovely.

15. Thank you, Calico

These drawings can take me 50 hours or more to complete and patience isn’t one of my strong points, so I have often given up on a piece before finishing it if it isn’t going ‘just right’. When I do have success, it seems as if I become a separate observer watching my drawing hand move under its own will. I also spend as much time just standing back and looking for improvements as actually drawing.

• eridani (1771 posts)
        Profile photo of eridani Donor

16. They say it takes two to create great art

One to produce the work, and the other to hit him/her over the head when it’s finished.

Your doggies are gorgeous!

You've heard of the Good Witch of the North and the Wicked Witch of the West, right?  I'm the Morally Ambiguous Witch of the Northwest.
  • goodgirl (2185 posts)
    Profile photo of goodgirl Donor

17. Breathtaking!

You are so talented.  The first one looks like my dog, and you captured the “old soul” look in the eyes.  I am in awe of anyone who can capture such an expression.

Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.    John F. Kennedy