Jackpine Pets

At Hunter College, the New York City dog is leading science

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      LiberalElite
      • Total Posts: 1,443

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-thinking-dog-center-in-new-york-20191012-prnrtz6x5bcwbnfytlh2gn3rcq-story.html

How can you tell how smart your city dog really is? It takes a lot of baloney.

Researchers at the new Thinking Dog Center at Hunter College in Manhattan are using baloney, stuffed animals, chew toys and plenty of other treats to test the cognitive abilities of New York’s furriest friends.

In her Fido-friendly lab a few blocks off Times Square, Dr. Sarah-Elizabeth Byosiere said her center’s focus on questions such as whether dogs are susceptible to optical illusions could help us better understand our prized pooches and possibly unleash their full potential as humankind’s best friends.

During one recent experiment, a 6-year-old Cockapoo named Maury was given an optical illusion test to see how dogs’ brains operate in comparison to humans.

I feel much better since I gave up hope.

"If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there’d be peace." – John Lennon

HassleCat
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,257

Like the bumper stickers says, “My Golden Retriever is smarter than your honor student.”

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.