Jackpine Pets

Home Jackpine Pets

Babies are winging their way to Ohio

• Abakan (2843 posts)
    Profile photo of Abakan Moderator Emeritus

Babies are winging their way to Ohio

I hope they don’t get tired :lol:

Six this morning I put three Indian Ringneck babies, four African Ringneck babies and their parents,

in a crate I made to fit them all comfortably and took them to the airport. I am a little sad to see them

go, but I am glad they have a place to go before the next batch hatches. I have hens on nine more eggs

and I am exhausted. So it’s bye bye little babies, may you have a long good life.

Enthusiast, 7wo7rees, nenagh and 3 othersMom Cat, Haikugal, Land of Enchantment like this
    There are only two things in life, but I forget what they are. John Hiatt

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Land of Enchantment (8388 posts)
    Profile photo of Land of Enchantment Moderator

1. WOW! I've missed your posts lately and am amazed by this.

And you have nine more eggs? When do you sleep?

animated-sleep-smiley-image-0078

"Hope is the feathered thing that perches in your heart." ~ Emily Dickinson  
    • Abakan (2843 posts)

2. Fortunately they sleep too…

It’s more work when they are younger, once they get close to weening they are harder to feed,

but fed less often. It still is early mornings no matter how old they are.

Next week all the birds that don’t have eggs, are going out to the aviary in the backyard.

Emma will be the only bird in the house. I am so happy.

• Land of Enchantment (8388 posts)
        Profile photo of Land of Enchantment Moderator

3. That is good news. I guess it's warm enough now they will be

comfy out there. How long do you keep them after they hatch?

"Hope is the feathered thing that perches in your heart." ~ Emily Dickinson  
        • Abakan (2843 posts)

4. The ones I shipped today were,

10 – 11 weeks old. I have two that deposits were made on and they will be here about another week

until their new parents can come get them. One lady driving from Pueblo, to get her boy.

Indian Ringnecks can withstand very cold temps for short durations. The weather has been improving

and I don’t think those of us close to the river have much to worry about.