• update

The text box issue is fixed. You can now post just a title in replies again. Thank you Manny! Working on the rest. Thank you for your patience.

Jackpine Pets

Home Jackpine Pets

California man's 'meltdown over alpacas' in Peru goes viral

• Judi Lynn (5750 posts)
    Profile photo of Judi Lynn Donor

California man's 'meltdown over alpacas' in Peru goes viral

California man’s ‘meltdown over alpacas’ in Peru goes viral

By Ben Hooper Contact the Author   |   Dec. 8, 2016 at 4:18 PM

This man loves alpacas. Photo by @beavs/Twitter
    SANTA MONICA, Calif., Dec. 8 (UPI) — A California man’s “meltdown” when he met his first alpacas in Peru is going viral thanks to some photos shared by his daughter.

Santa Monica resident Alexandria Neonakis posted a series of text message screenshots to Twitter showing the conversation she had with her father, Dimitris, as he sent her photos of himself with the alpacas — furry llama cousins — during his trip to Peru.

“This was the absolute SOFTEST and most HUGGABLE animal EVER. It is an Alpahaca. I just couldn’t stop hugging it and kissing it and putting my face on its thick soft wool,” Dimitris told his daughter, along with a photo of him embracing one of the creatures.

“Its wool was so soft on my face it kept me laughing,” the father wrote. “That was the softest ever.”

Remember to dance with alpacas.

Don’t try to outrun an alpaca. Just pretend you’re not there.

eridani, Enthusiast, Magical Thyme and 10 othersshare, broiles, Land of Enchantment, formercia, PADemD, davidgmills, Eggar, jwirr, Doremus Jessup, glitch like this

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Magical Thyme (2855 posts)
    Profile photo of Magical Thyme Donor

1. they are the cutest critters!

We have a fair number of them up here in Maine. I remember driving into Augusta once, pulled up to a red light behind an SUV with 3 babies riding in the back, watching me through the rear view window. Their little wooly, smiley faces just beg for hugs

• Abakan (2586 posts)
      Profile photo of Abakan Moderator Emeritus

2. There is an alpaca ranch around the corner from my house.

The owners open the gates and let people in and allow you to pet them.They

are so soft and gentle. I love to go anytime I see the gates open.

tinkle_tinkle_little_czar_sticker