• update

The text box issue is fixed. You can now post just a title in replies again. Thank you Manny! Working on the rest. Thank you for your patience.

Jackpine Pets

Home Jackpine Pets

CBD for Pets?

• xloadiex (292 posts)
    Profile photo of xloadiex

CBD for Pets?

Has anyone tried CBD oil or treats for dogs? I have an 11 year old Lab who has arthritis. He gets Cosamin 2x a day in his food. I’m just curious if he would find any extra relief from CBD oil or treats. Our local news station just did a story on how many people are now depending on natural wellness supplements for their pets. One of the stores featured said CBD treats was a big seller.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• azurnoir (2003 posts)
    Profile photo of azurnoir Donor

1. I've read a report that say cannabis is absolute poison to dogs

however our dog Ruby (who passed away last August in her sleep at home, she was 13+yrs old) ate an entire cannabutter spice bar a few years ago -my fault it was sitting on the floor next to me, the effects were as follows-she got unusually playful, then suddenly she was begging milk bone treats like she was starving , then she went to sleep, snoring sleep-it was the snoring that got my attention then I realized what had happened and her actions over the preceding hour made sense

why do establishment Democrats appear to be 'progressive' only when dominated by republicans? 
  • Abakan (2602 posts)
    Profile photo of Abakan Moderator Emeritus

2. I don't know about pets

I tried it for my pain and it didn’t help.

I had a puppy who ate a bud when she was about a year old

and she acted spaced out and sleepy. I watched her closely

it’s just a good thing it wasn’t a good bud. I kept saying in my head

“you better get over this, cause I’m not explaining it to the vet!”

On edit: She will be seven in July.

tinkle_tinkle_little_czar_sticker

• xloadiex (292 posts)
      Profile photo of xloadiex

3. From what I've been reading

dogs metabolize CBD’s differently than humans. There is a brand that has been developed by a vet called Vet CBD. It’s reasonably priced and has very good reviews. Unfortunately, it’s only sold in dispensaries in Ca and they won’t ship. 

• Pastiche (486 posts)
    Profile photo of Pastiche Donor

4. A friend of mine had a Burnese Mountain dog that had a cancerous tumor removed.

The surgery left a bloody wound that was about 4″ x 3″. He was having trouble closing it. I gave him my canna-oil, which he spread on her wound. In addition, he put about 1/4 tsp in her food.

Her wound healed in just a matter of days. And she lived an additional two years. When she passed, it was because of a birth defect, not cancer.

Please note, Burnese Mountain dogs are large dogs.