Jackpine Pets

Home Jackpine Pets

Is your bird left footed or right footed?

• NVBirdlady (3774 posts)
    Profile photo of NVBirdlady Donor

Is your bird left footed or right footed?

Both of my birds do everything with their left foot, including eating sugar snap peas, pellets, sprouting seed, and regular seed. Incidentally, both myself and my husband are right handed.

Jewels likes the buckwheat seed, and Casey likes the safflower seed. Like humans, they both have different tastes.

Jewels won’t eat dried blueberries and strawberries; Casey loves both. They both enjoy dried mango, coconut and pineapple.

Each bird has their own likes and dislikes. It is something that is very interesting about parrots. I always pay particular attention to what each bird likes or dislikes and make a mental note.

Another tidbit on the joy of caring and loving birds.

Enthusiast likes this
    President Trump. Thanks DNC, HRC, DWS. #StillSanders. #NoDAPL  #NoKXL Giant Meteor 2020

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• alcina (276 posts)
    Profile photo of alcina Donor

1. Both are lefties

Like their mom. :-)

Gilbert, my caique, has always preferred his left foot for holding things — and for fighting.

I’m not sure about Cricket, my conure. When I adopted her, she’d had an injured left wing that healed badly. As a result, it’s difficult for her to balance on her left foot, so that’s the one she uses to hold things.