• working on it

If you are having login or password reset issues, please email [email protected] or [email protected]

• Site issues

New hamster wheels put into service last night: hopefully things will be a little faster and smoother now! There *were* some hiccups, but things seem to be OK now. Please log any problems in the "Help & Q&A Forum", thanks!

Jackpine Pets

Home Jackpine Pets

UPDATE HE'S HOME: Jakey has gone missing.

• Magical Thyme (2847 posts)
    Profile photo of Magical Thyme Donor

UPDATE HE'S HOME: Jakey has gone missing.

Thank you all so much. Right after posting here, I ate and headed back out. Searched the last trail I’d found until it was 100% certain was neighbor’s hunting dog, not Jake. They’ve been shooting this morning, I found several piles of feathers.

I came back and checked — 1 call ( think from animal control). I returned the call & left a message. Heard a commotion across the street — it was my neighbor talking to woman pulled into his driveway. She saw Jake 1 mailbox up the street about an hour earlier. I headed up the street and found intermittent tracks in the sand by side of road. I walked a mile up calling for him. The tracks had long stopped re-appearing, so I headed back up the other side looking for any tracks. Kept calling for him.

And then I heard him bark and started running up the street. I saw a neighbor 2 houses from mine walking down his driveway. When he saw me he asked if I was missing a dog. Jake had walked up his driveway right around noontime — when I was calling the police and the shelter, and probably right after the woman saw him across the street.

He is so grounded. I’m so tired, and so fucking relieved. He’s never been missing more than a few minutes. 4 hours was 4 hour too many…

I’ve been searching for 2 hours now. He disappeared while I was trying to clear the back door of the barn. He had no more than 5 minutes head start…thought he’d headed up to the house, which was where I found Luna.

I’ve driven up and down the road in both directions. I’ve followed all the dog tracks to their end in the woods behind my pasture, except one set that I found by chance. They don’t look big enough or new enough, but they’re the last tracks left and head in the direction of the neighbors who have tried to kill him in the past.

I stopped following them and came back to change to dry clothes, eat something…anything. Have called police & animal control.

fuck i’m scared. if he goes down in the snow — most places are not too deep anymore, but I did drop down to 2 feet at a couple spots — he won’t be able to get back up. there’s hundreds, maybe thousands of acres of woods back there.

Enthusiast, IdaBriggs, 4Sibes and 12 otherskishcreek, nashvillebrook, morgwynn, historylovr, 7wo7rees, Sadie, Passionate Progressive, Doremus Jessup, nenagh, NVBirdlady, MissDeeds, azurnoir like this

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
15 replies
  • azurnoir (1535 posts)
    Profile photo of azurnoir Donor

1. sending vibes for you to find jakey

or better yet for jakey to get so far and circle around and come home on his own

• Peacebird (792 posts)
    Profile photo of Peacebird Donor

2. My Jake & I are sending positive vibes out for your Jakey & you

(hugs)

please let us know when he is safely back at home!

• MissDeeds (831 posts)
    Profile photo of MissDeeds Donor

3. So very sorry, Magical Thyme

Sending prayers and good vibes your way. Bless your heart – I know what you’re going through. Please keep us posted.

• NVBirdlady (3774 posts)
    Profile photo of NVBirdlady Donor

4. Sending you and Jakey positive thoughts and vibes.

President Trump. Thanks DNC, HRC, DWS. #StillSanders. #NoDAPL  #NoKXL Giant Meteor 2020
  • Passionate Progressive (1064 posts)
    Profile photo of Passionate Progressive Donor

5. Come home Jakey!

• KauaiK (2821 posts)
    Profile photo of KauaiK Donor

6. MT – my heart goes out to you and aches for you.

Do you have friends or neighbors who can help you search?   I wish there was something all of us could do to help or be able to join you in the search for Jakey.

Please keep us posted.   :heart: and many :hug:

It's beginning to look a lot like fuck this.  

• oldandhappy (2867 posts)
    Profile photo of oldandhappy Donor

7. prayers and hugs

• Sadie (3051 posts)
    Profile photo of Sadie Donor

8. Please keep us updated

I am so sorry!  Will be sending prayers for his safe return.  :heart:

Wake up, peeps, their kids go to Harvard and Yale; your kids go to Iraq & Afghanistan.   
  • KauaiK (2821 posts)
    Profile photo of KauaiK Donor

9. Seems Jakey was feeling better so he went for a walk.

It's beginning to look a lot like fuck this.  

• Haikugal (4658 posts)
    Profile photo of Haikugal Donor

10. So happy for your being reunited with lovely Jakey.

❤❤

Be the bird.....       Hey DNC! Up Yours! It's ON!!
  • Totally Liberal Dem (1469 posts)
    Profile photo of Totally Liberal Dem Donor

11. OMG….thank goodness!

The cat disappeared last evening for a bit…and I was worried.  My pets are my 4-legged children and I worry about them just as much as if they were 2-legged humans.  Cat found a way out of the backyard is back and is presently confined in the extra bedroom until the gardener gets here this afternoon and plugs up the hole in the fence!

THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS HEPBURN!!!! 
  • NVBirdlady (3774 posts)
    Profile photo of NVBirdlady Donor

12. Thank goodness he's home.

President Trump. Thanks DNC, HRC, DWS. #StillSanders. #NoDAPL  #NoKXL Giant Meteor 2020
  • nashvillebrook (436 posts)
    Profile photo of nashvillebrook Donor

13. SO HAPPY for your reunion!

• Downwinder (1736 posts)
    Profile photo of Downwinder Donor

14. The new medicine is working.

Too well.

• HIP56948 (1638 posts)
    Profile photo of HIP56948 Donor

15. Yea! I love stories like this but also love a wonderful ending.