Jackpine Pets

Home Jackpine Pets

Jakey is moving much better today on metacam

• Magical Thyme (2855 posts)
    Profile photo of Magical Thyme Donor

Jakey is moving much better today on metacam

much much better than no pain killers, better than just aspirin. He can negotiate steps much easier now, too. Still a bit stiff when he first gets up, but his tail is wagging at a normal happier speed instead of the slow, obligatory wag. Closer to where he was last fall.

thank you all for your good thoughts.

Haikugal, Silver Witch, NVBirdlady and 6 othersEnthusiast, Eggar, HeartoftheMidwest, ThouArtThat, Doremus Jessup, Lucas Jackson like this

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• elias39 (3064 posts)
    Profile photo of elias39 Donor

1. That sounds fantastic! And as it builds up in his system

he’ll probably be better still. Happy for you And Jakey.

“Name, no, nothing is nameable, tell, no, nothing can be told, what then, I don't know, I shouldn't have begun.” ― Samuel Beckett, Stories and Texts for Nothing
  • Silver Witch (4702 posts)
    Profile photo of Silver Witch Donor

2. My old boy did much better with metacam.

I hope he keeps improving. Our furry friends are our best friends.

#Let'sTalkRevolution
  • Haikugal (5221 posts)
    Profile photo of Haikugal Donor

3. Is there a down side to metacam? Ulcer etc.?

I’m happy he feels so much better. It must be a relief to you. My old fella is becoming slowly paralyzed in the back end…I feel for you.

Be the bird.....       Hey DNC! Up Yours! It's ON!! Kick against the pricks!!!
    • Magical Thyme (2855 posts)
      Profile photo of Magical Thyme Donor

4. there are potential side effects, such as diarrhea and gastric upset,

which are preventable. He gets a pepcid ac 15-60 minutes before the metacam, which I give him with his meal. Long term, there are potential risks for some. The benefits outweigh the risks for an old dog with dysplasia and arthritis, who likely won’t be around long enough to experience the risks.

• Haikugal (5221 posts)
        Profile photo of Haikugal Donor

5. Thx

My best to you and Jakey :hug:

Be the bird.....       Hey DNC! Up Yours! It's ON!! Kick against the pricks!!!