Jackpine Pets

Parrot saved toddler's life with warning

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      alcina
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 682

“While I was in the bathroom, Willie (the parrot) started screaming like I’d never heard him scream before and he started flapping his wings,” Miss Howard told CBS News. “Then he started saying ‘Mama baby’ over and over and over again until I came out and looked at Hannah [age 2yrs] and Hannah’s face was turning blue because she was choking on her pop tart.”

“If (Willie hadn’t) warned me, I probably wouldn’t have come out of the bathroom in time because she was already turning blue, her lips were blue and everything,” she said.

The parrot has been honoured by the local Red Cross chapter’s Animal Lifesaver Award.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/5048970/Parrot-saved-todlers-life-with-warning.html?fbclid=IwAR1iFWKLsghgqwZWrUBfbM2WUEd7HmWBHvjrYCZPXU91w-BwK8kvYE3w0to

"I believe man suffers from an appalling ignorance of his own nature." -William Golding, Lord of the Flies

Land of Enchantment
      Keymaster
      • Total Posts: 741

That is amazing–and thank parrot the babysitter knew how to perform the Heimlich–and on a two year old! 

“Hope is the feathered thing that perches in your heart.” ~ Emily Dickinson

alcina
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 682

Or with anything they can put in their mouths, for that matter. Kids are fast, and at that age, not all that well-informed about personal safety practices.

But, yes, good parrot! My little demon would likely just wait for the toddler to pass out and then take its pop tart. On second thought, he probably would make a grab for it before she succumbs. He’s not patient.

"I believe man suffers from an appalling ignorance of his own nature." -William Golding, Lord of the Flies

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.