Jackpine Radical Cooking

Big-Assed Breakfast Burrito

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Ohio Barbarian
      • Total Posts: 13,754

This is a weekend brunch standard for me, and the recipe is wonderfully flexible.

Ingredients: 1 burrito or soft taco-sized flour tortilla. 3 large or 2 jumbo eggs. 3 strips of bacon OR sausage links OR 2 ground up sausage patties. Some shredded cheese(preferably Mexican blend or cheddar), diced onions, diced tomatoes, green picante salsa.

Fry up your choice of meat. If you are a vegetarian who eats eggs and cheese, you can substitute refried beans.

Scramble the eggs and place them over about half the tortilla. Layer the meat or beans on top of the eggs(or you can do the reverse, it doesn’t matter). Sprinkle onions, tomatoes and shredded cheese. Pour about 3 teaspoons of picante salsa on top of that(my standard here is Mrs. Renfro’s green picante salsa from Fort Worth, but you can use red Pace from San Antonio or Hatch green chili sauce if you prefer).

Roll up the tortilla and turn it into a burrito.

Microwave on high for one minute to melt the cheese.

Consume.

Guaranteed to turn your day into a two meal one.

It is better to vote for what you want and not get it than to vote for what you don't want and get it.--Eugene Debs

If Democrats don’t stand for the people, why should people stand for them?--Jim Hightower

Mr. Mickeys Mom
      • Total Posts: 3,313

Pull my finger, OB… I do this with soft tortillas and my home-made refried beans.

Hell, no... I'm not giving up...

Iwillnevergiveup
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 534

Thank you, O.B., it sounds quite yummy and easy to prepare.

Ohio Barbarian

You’re very welcome.

It is better to vote for what you want and not get it than to vote for what you don't want and get it.--Eugene Debs

If Democrats don’t stand for the people, why should people stand for them?--Jim Hightower

elias39
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4,594

I’ll try that! Right up my alley! Thanks OB.

Ohio Barbarian

It’s easy. Once I posted the same recipe on another forum in response to somebody posting all these recipes with arugula and very expensive French wines and such. I called it  “Breakfast when the Food Stamps run out.” The other poster was furious with me for some reason.

glinda
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 797

My husband never cooks except for what you just described. Must be in the air cuz he talked about making some again. Yuuum! So good! But I leave out the extra meat.

Animals know more than we do.

Ohio Barbarian

Meat’s optional, of course. I like flexible recipes.

3fingerbrown
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2,555

Sounds good OB, but at first I thought this was an Big-Assad Breakfast Burrito! I don’t think I would want to know what would be in that!

All governments lie to their citizen's, but only Americans believe theirs.

Ohio Barbarian

Have you been watching too much MSNBC? What’s this obsession with a middling Middle Eastern dictator, anyway?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.