Jackpine Radical Cooking

Big-Assed Breakfast Burrito

• Author

Ohio Barbarian
    • Total Posts: 7,723
    @ohiobarbarian

This is a weekend brunch standard for me, and the recipe is wonderfully flexible.

Ingredients: 1 burrito or soft taco-sized flour tortilla. 3 large or 2 jumbo eggs. 3 strips of bacon OR sausage links OR 2 ground up sausage patties. Some shredded cheese(preferably Mexican blend or cheddar), diced onions, diced tomatoes, green picante salsa.

Fry up your choice of meat. If you are a vegetarian who eats eggs and cheese, you can substitute refried beans.

Scramble the eggs and place them over about half the tortilla. Layer the meat or beans on top of the eggs(or you can do the reverse, it doesn’t matter). Sprinkle onions, tomatoes and shredded cheese. Pour about 3 teaspoons of picante salsa on top of that(my standard here is Mrs. Renfro’s green picante salsa from Fort Worth, but you can use red Pace from San Antonio or Hatch green chili sauce if you prefer).

Roll up the tortilla and turn it into a burrito.

Microwave on high for one minute to melt the cheese.

Consume.

Guaranteed to turn your day into a two meal one.

We know now that Government by organized money is just as dangerous as Government by organized mob.--Franklin Delano Roosevelt

With Bernie Sanders, we have the receipts. --Nina Turner

Mr. Mickeys Mom
    • Total Posts: 1,620
    @mrmickeysmom

Pull my finger, OB… I do this with soft tortillas and my home-made refried beans.

Hell, no... I'm not giving up...

Iwillnevergiveup
    • Total Posts: 534
    @iwillnevergiveup

Thank you, O.B., it sounds quite yummy and easy to prepare.

Ohio Barbarian
      @ohiobarbarian

You’re very welcome.

We know now that Government by organized money is just as dangerous as Government by organized mob.--Franklin Delano Roosevelt

elias39
    • Total Posts: 2,869
    @elias39

I’ll try that! Right up my alley! Thanks OB.

Ohio Barbarian
      @ohiobarbarian

It’s easy. Once I posted the same recipe on another forum in response to somebody posting all these recipes with arugula and very expensive French wines and such. I called it  “Breakfast when the Food Stamps run out.” The other poster was furious with me for some reason.

elias39
        • Total Posts: 2,869
        @elias39

Where’s the sense of humor?

glinda
    Donor
    • Total Posts: 651
    @glinda

My husband never cooks except for what you just described. Must be in the air cuz he talked about making some again. Yuuum! So good! But I leave out the extra meat.

Animals know more than we do.

Ohio Barbarian
      @ohiobarbarian

Meat’s optional, of course. I like flexible recipes.

3fingerbrown
    Donor
    • Total Posts: 1,570
    @donaldtuohy

Sounds good OB, but at first I thought this was an Big-Assad Breakfast Burrito! I don’t think I would want to know what would be in that!

All governments lie to their citizen's, but only Americans believe theirs.

Ohio Barbarian
      @ohiobarbarian

Have you been watching too much MSNBC? What’s this obsession with a middling Middle Eastern dictator, anyway?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.