Jackpine Radical Cooking

I'm totally stuffed on homemade Jalpeno poppers!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Joe Shlabotnik
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 761

Tried something new today. Since I’m missing dining out at my local pubs and taverns, I decided to try making jalapeno poppers at home.  They turned out great, but were a lot of work, dishes and mess!

This is basically the recipe I followed, the only real change was that I used panko bread crumbs for extra crunch, and also added some garden fresh chives to the filling:

~ All good things are Wild and Free ~

alcina
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 544

I bet the panko made them extra tasty.

"I believe man suffers from an appalling ignorance of his own nature." -William Golding, Lord of the Flies

Mr. Mickeys Mom
      • Total Posts: 3,288

That looks great. The only mess is keeping dry hands dry, so you have to be organized. Then, its gone too soon!!!

I may try this, but right now my mind is on middle eastern stuff, so I’m soaking dry garbonzo beans for 24 hours and will try making falafel tomorrow. You have to fry these things, so I think peanut oil would be the oil to do that, but I hate wasting oil!

Hell, no... I'm not giving up...

Enthusiast
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4,225

We love those things. I avoid the coating because of gluten and do them wrapped in bacon in the oven. Still, they’re very good.

I would like to remind you that U.S. health insurance companies do not contribute anything to health care. They are only a PARASITIC middle man receiving an undeserved cut of "FREE MONEY".

Me

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.