⅓ cup orange juice
      ⅓ cup brown sugar
      1 teaspoon ground cumin
      1 teaspoon ground coriander
      1 teaspoon ground curry
      1 teaspoon ground pepper
      2 teaspoons salt
      Instructions

·        Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.

WARNING: Hottest sauce in North America. Use this to enhance dull and boring food. Keep away from pets, open flames, unsupervised children, and bad advice. This is not a toy. This is serious. Stand up straight, sit right, and stop mumbling.

“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”
      ~Samuel Clemens

alcina
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 682

I’ve recently started doing a lot of Jamaican cooking, and I think I need to make this. I have everything except the 2 cups of peppers. Thankfully the small grocer down the street carries them … and she frequently laughs when I buy more than 3 or 4 peppers. This should make her day.  Of course, I’m going to need a hazmat suit during preparation.

Do you happen to know if it’s 2 cups of chopped peppers or whole peppers? Might make a bit of a difference in the final product. 🙂

"I believe man suffers from an appalling ignorance of his own nature." -William Golding, Lord of the Flies

HassleCat
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4,382

Remove the seeds and veins from the peppers. This will reduce the heat, but I bet it will still be plenty hot. Habanero peppers are generally a one-to-one substitute for Scotch bonnet.

sonofspy777
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 5,427

WHOLE Scotch Bonnets (just remove the stems) is just right.

Ahem Don’t forget to wear gloves when handling the peppers and wash your hands before

you go to the bathroom!

~Samuel Clemens

Enthusiast
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4,574

If you can get the dose just right they do incredible things to a pot of chili.

I would like to remind you that U.S. health insurance companies do not contribute anything to health care. They are only a PARASITIC middle man receiving an undeserved cut of "FREE MONEY".

Me

sonofspy777
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 5,427

and the mustard that make this otherworldly! Remember to use the crappiest low-cost yellow mustard you can find…French’s = too ritzy!

If you can find green mangoes the seed is much smaller (more fruit) than the red and green Thompson mangoes, and the flavor is a touch sweeter…

~Samuel Clemens

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.