Jackpine Radical Cooking

Rice crackers CAN taste good

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      alcina
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 897

Since I can’t have bread right now (another friggin’ elimination diet), or corn, or potatoes, or nuts, I’ve been badly craving something crunchy. Well, my prayers were answered last night when I came across a new brand of rice cracker. They’re made in the US, so easy for you guys to get. Made with black or red rice, salt, and palm oil (sustainable, from Thailand). OMG. They’re crispy and delicious.

I can only get the plain salted ones here, but you guys can get salt & pepper and vegan cheese flavour. They have the consistency of crunchy Cheetos. I’m hoping that’s what the vegan cheese one tastes like, should I ever find it. I’m going to try crushing them and using them to make chicken fingers.

Anyway, here’s the link: https://shop.laikicrackers.com/

"The United States is also a one-party state but, with typical American extravagance, they have two of them." -Julius Nyerere, First President of Tanzania

3fingerbrown
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,727

I hear insects have a nice crunch to them, you can get some chocolate covered, and they are actually healthy too!

All governments lie to their citizen's, but only Americans believe theirs.

djean111
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 6,558

rosemary olive oil crackers – the crackers say ancient grains, though – both are gluten free.  I use them to dip into hummus or put dabs of brie on them, which just might cancel out any healthy qualities.

America is not a country, it's just a business. (Brad Pitt, Killing Them Softly)

Everything I post is just my opinion, and, honestly, I would love to be wrong.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.