Jackpine Radical Gardening

A short rant about Scilla siberica

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      alcina
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,072

Fuck you and the neighbour you rode in on!

I removed ten 5-gallon buckets of bulbs last year. I’m on track today for 2 more, and that’s just a small fraction of what’s out there. The neighbour mows her lawn so she doesn’t care if they spread. I have a native plant garden, no lawn, and am constantly removing the friggin’ ornamental invasives she loves so much — forget-me-nots, bugleweed, Japanese knotweed, periwinkle, lily-of-the-valley, goutweed. But the scilla are the absolute worst!

"The United States is also a one-party state but, with typical American extravagance, they have two of them." -Julius Nyerere, First President of Tanzania

lownslow
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,241

The previous owner of my abode planted carolina snailseed. Been fighting it 20 odd years, reminds me of kudzu in its temerity. I feel for you

alcina
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 1,072

Whoa! I had to look that one up. In addition to being a complete bully, it’s apparently poisonous to humans. Thankfully I’ve never seen it in our garden stores here, and it probably wouldn’t survive our winters.  You have my sympathies.

"The United States is also a one-party state but, with typical American extravagance, they have two of them." -Julius Nyerere, First President of Tanzania

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.