Jackpine Radical Gardening

Am I a suburban cliche’?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      HassleCat
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 7,452

I just bought a riding mower. For 6 years, I have mowed our one acre property with a 22 inch mower. We finally decided I am too old to push that thing around anymore, so we got a small “lawn tractor.” In no way does it resemble a real tractor, but it has a 42 inch mower and a 19 horsepower engine, and I can sit on it and let it do all the work. My question is, how far do I have to go with the suburban homeowner mystique? I feel almost obligated to dress up like Arnold Palmer and wear a MAGA hat while mowing the lawn. I’m having an existential crisis.

NV Wino
      • Total Posts: 8,141

Next step is the race circuit.

“As we act, let us not become the evil that we deplore.” Barbara Lee
      “Politicians and pro athletes: The only people who still get paid when they lose.” William Rivers Pitt

HassleCat
        Participant

I have seen some of the videos. I would like to go to one in person. Those people have been inhaling WD-40 for too long.

NV Wino
          • Total Posts: 8,141

(Of course, some of them do have beer.)

“As we act, let us not become the evil that we deplore.” Barbara Lee
          “Politicians and pro athletes: The only people who still get paid when they lose.” William Rivers Pitt

djean111
          Participant
          • Total Posts: 6,536

When I lived in Illinois, I always left the county or state fair before those started, or else went to the other side of the fairgrounds.  I don’t know what is/was more insane – spending a wad of money on a tractor, just to blow the engine, or standing next to tractors with potentially exploding engines.  Guess I could not drink enough beer to do that and still be able to drive home.

America is not a country, it's just a business. (Brad Pitt, Killing Them Softly)

Everything I post is just my opinion, and, honestly, I would love to be wrong.

HassleCat
            Participant

OK, not fun, but interesting. I like watching the old tractors, not the new ones with modified engines. Most people find the older tractors boring because they’re not really interested in tractors.

Ohio Barbarian
      • Total Posts: 21,869

Keeps the sun from baking your brains and your neck from turning red.

One of my neighbors managed to add a cup-holder for his beer to his riding mower for the ultimate suburban mowing experience. You might want to consider that, or at least a clip to hold your joint.

It is better to vote for what you want and not get it than to vote for what you don't want and get it.--Eugene Debs

You can jail a revolutionary, but you can't jail the revolution.--Fred Hampton

HassleCat
        Participant

A cup holder comes built in to the left fender.

Ohio Barbarian
          • Total Posts: 21,869

American ingenuity at its best.

It is better to vote for what you want and not get it than to vote for what you don't want and get it.--Eugene Debs

You can jail a revolutionary, but you can't jail the revolution.--Fred Hampton

Jan Boehmerman
      • Total Posts: 4,495

You simply MUST have good headphones and your Apple I-Tunes favorites playing too!

And then you are The Lawnmower Man!!!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.