Look how Big these Mums Grew!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      NJCher
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,196

Believe it or not, this started out as a 99 cent mum in a four-inch pot:

A few others:

This will probably be my last large tomato. I have a few still producing San Marzanos and quite a few with cherry tomatoes.

These turban-shaped peppers make me smile every time I see one.

I have several broccoli plants like this one. It has just started to form the head.

elias39
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 5,325

Over the past week to 10 days, I’ve been putting my garden to bed. Nothing left but a few lettuce plants grown for the fall. And a few clumps of hardy flowers. All else is dirt-brown or getting close. My asparagus is the current king of the plot. 200 sq feet of ferns just now beginning to shed their chlorophyll.

All gone but.for the canned tomatoes, a freezer full of stuff. Dried herbs, cut flowers, dry arrangements. The point of it all.

Mr. Mickeys Mom
      • Total Posts: 6,979

@njcher

I’ve noticed here in SW PA that mums seem to be more brilliant. I’ve never included them in my garden, but I’m just getting started in retirement to develop a good all around the house thing. It’s inspiring to see it.

Hell, no... I'm not giving up...

NV Wino
      • Total Posts: 8,802

I’m astounded at my pot of chrysanthemums. They’ve hung in there and sort of existed for a couple of years. This year they’ve about tripled in size in spite of three plus weeks of evacuation and no water, and this week three days without power, which means no water. They’re blooming like crazy. Everything else is limp, dead or dying.

“As we act, let us not become the evil that we deplore.” Barbara Lee
      “Politicians and pro athletes: The only people who still get paid when they lose.” William Rivers Pitt

Two way street
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2,207

They have natural insecticide compounds too.

2020-2024 Campaign Season: We the People are in the fight for our lives and livelihoods.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.