Jazz Music

Frank Morgan-Easy Living

• Author

Enthusiast
    Donor
    • Total Posts: 4,098
    @enthusiast

I would like to remind you that U.S. health insurance companies do not contribute anything to health care. They are only a PARASITIC middle man receiving an undeserved cut of "FREE MONEY".

Me

KenTankerous
    • Total Posts: 895
    @kentankerous

Oh yeah, that’s proper. One of the all-time great ballads, a joy to play.

We should make a new rule in this forum, require everybody to list the personnel. Well, just ask everybody to list the personnel.

No problem, I went to youtube and checked. Here we are:

Cedar Walton(p) Tony Dumas(b) Billy Higgins(d)

Badasses all. Really sweet recording. Thanks for posting.

I’m gonna make a post for your enjoyment. Coming up.

"If we define an American fascist as one who in case of conflict puts money and power ahead of human beings, then there are undoubtedly several million fascists in the United States."
    - Henry A. Wallace
    (FDR's Vice President until he was forced out by the corrupt forces of obscene wealth.)

Enthusiast
      Donor
      @enthusiast

Thanks, Ken.

Michael Connelly’s LAPD homicide detective character Harry Bosch is a jazz aficionado. I find the music he listens to appealing. It’s like Harry is a real person. I’m enjoying music like never before, especially this older jazz.

There are a number of Harry Bosch jazz fans on Youtube. I’m down to three remaining books in the series. I would like to thank the one that recommended Michael Connelly but I can’t remember who it was.

I would like to remind you that U.S. health insurance companies do not contribute anything to health care. They are only a PARASITIC middle man receiving an undeserved cut of "FREE MONEY".

Me

KenTankerous
    • Total Posts: 895
    @kentankerous

Zomg when I saw you had posted Frank Morgan that was my first thought… Bosch!!

I’m enjoying Connelly’s books very much, been reading them in no particular order. Got hooked because of the TV show. I’ve got The Late Show in my lap as I phone type this. Bernie gets a mention! Could Connelly be a supporter?

For my part, I’m still waiting for Harry Bosch to branch out a bit. Check out some Coltrane, Benny Golson, Pepper Adams… The Detroit (my town) and Philadelphia cats that populate Blue Note records are essential. Pittsburgh too. Those are the Big Three. I could go on forever…lots of other cities have made great contributions: Indy, Cleveland, St. Louis… I’ll stop now.

"If we define an American fascist as one who in case of conflict puts money and power ahead of human beings, then there are undoubtedly several million fascists in the United States."
    - Henry A. Wallace
    (FDR's Vice President until he was forced out by the corrupt forces of obscene wealth.)

Enthusiast
      Donor
      @enthusiast

Ken, I will check out some Coltrane, Benny Golson, Pepper Adams too. Thanks for the heads up.

I feel certain Connelly is a Bernie supporter. Ethics are a frequent theme in his books.

Me

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.