JPR Mental Health Support Group

I’m dialing back my reading/watching/posting about politics (health scare last night)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Babel 17
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 6,963

Yadda, yadda, yadda, I couldn’t sleep and I was developing chills, a fever, nausea, dizziness, and a massive headache, like a band was tightening inside my head. I started looking into getting tested for Covid-19, and CVS does it. Their website is a glitchy mess though, and it would intermittently refuse and accept my zip code, and then accept/refuse/accept my symptoms as deserving a test. My union’s insurer is yet again not part of someone’s very long list of approved insurers. CVS requires photos of the front and back of your insurance card to be uploaded to them before you can get an appointment for drive through testing.

If you have no insurance, it’s free, but if you lie about that you’re on the hook for well over a hundred bucks.

My headache and dizziness got worse as I was jumping through those hoops, so I figured I was too sick to have Covid, lol, and went back to lying in bed. My heart rate while lying in bed was near 100 bps, but after taking a lot of fluid and some potassium it slowly went down to the mid 70s. My blood pressure was fine.

Yeah, while I consider it a duty to not be so low information a voter that I can easily be sheep herded, this was my limit. ๐Ÿ™‚

Don't Kill the Whale
      Don't feed the trolls

Enthusiast
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 5,155

Sure glad to hear you are alright now.

I would like to remind you that U.S. health insurance companies do not contribute anything to health care. They are only a PARASITIC middle man receiving an undeserved cut of "FREE MONEY".

Me

Ohio Barbarian
      • Total Posts: 25,301

I’ve had similar symptoms before. It does not, however, sound like Covid.

As for avoiding politics, I don’t blame you. All this obsessing over Trump’s health is…irritating, to say the least. Trump must love it. He’s sucking up all the oxygen in most of the news rooms.

Never let your morals stop you from doing the right thing.--Isaac Asimov

The United States is also a one-party state but, with typical American extravagance, they have two of them.--Julius Nyerere

Babel 17
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 6,963

Every inch of recovering to feeling better is a blessing. I can’t wait to read a few pages of an eBook without any pain. ๐Ÿ™‚

Don't Kill the Whale
      Don't feed the trolls

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.