JPR Mental Health Support Group

Sorry everyone

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      JonLP
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,639

I have a 100% service connected disability with the VA. Before the pandemic I had regular appointments with a therapist and received risperidone. When the coronavirus happened they switched to phone appointments. After a couple of appointments I lost touch and eventually ran out of risperidone.

I didn’t think I needed it anymore but last June I had really bad psychosis and was here for it. I probably made some very confusing posts but I logged off before it became even worse. Not sure what caused it, I wasn’t sleeping well at the time and I was very stressed out.

long story short I was able to get the help I needed. I now receive regular injections of risperidone like drugs and I get the kind that lasts 3 months. My next one is in June.

I was afraid to come back here because I felt like I burned my bridge to JPR. Luckily I didn’t do much more than that.

anyways I wanted to apologize for the way I behaved back in June.

Im not sure if this website is right for me since I still support Bernie, The Squad, Nina Turner, etc but I just wanted to make this 1 post.

Let this radicalize you rather than lead you to despair - Mariame Kaba

Like many public systems, GOP want to rip the battery out + say the whole car doesn’t work, so they can sell it for parts - AOC

jbnw
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 9,150

I am glad you are better, and I hope that Bernie et al. are still supported, even through disappointments. I don’t see alternatives yet –

JonLP
        Participant

I’m glad I’m feeling better too.

I don’t see any alternatives myself either.

Like many public systems, GOP want to rip the battery out + say the whole car doesn’t work, so they can sell it for parts - AOC

Ohio Barbarian
      • Total Posts: 24,637

Let’s see, since then my 100 year old mom died, the county dropped its mask and vaccine mandate after losing a third of its employees who quit, my daughter died of an opioid overdose and likely suicide, I learned that the trust fund my parents’ will promised me had never been funded and had never existed so unlike most boomers I won’t inherit anything at all, and that my combined pension and Social Security retirement is so small that I’d either have to generate a couple thousand a month on my own or move to South America to afford to live.

And then got called back to work in the office two days a week, and we know damned well they’ll go to five just for power and control and even more people will quit and retire. Including me.

So no. I don’t even remember June. Welcome back. 🙂

Never let your morals stop you from doing the right thing.--Isaac Asimov

The United States is also a one-party state but, with typical American extravagance, they have two of them.--Julius Nyerere

JonLP
        Participant

I guess it is a good thing you don’t remember, it was very embarrassing

Pam2
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 10,652

Welcome back, glad you are getting the care you need.

I bet if you ask one of the mods to delete your old posts, they would.

@mrmickeysmom

Utopian Leftist
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,145

any meltdowns from last year, either. If yours was spectacular, I would remember it, I’m sure. Besides, there are people who make fools of themselves here, daily! 😉 So I wouldn’t sweat a few indiscretions.

Glad you were able to find relief, and welcome back.

I’m with you to an extent on still supporting Bernie, et. al. At least he says the right things even if he sees himself as powerless to act on them. We on the left must remember to NOT make the perfect the enemy of the good. I have a black friend who reminds me daily that white people have the privilege of comparing the Democratic and Republican parties and seeing them both unfavorably. Black people do not possess that privilege. For them, he says, the difference is night and day, and I cannot argue with his personal experience.

“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” ~ Krishnamurti
      "Given the choice between a Republican and a Democrat who acts like a Republican, the voter will choose a Republican every time." ~ Harry Truman

Mr. Mickeys Mom
      • Total Posts: 7,813

I just went back to some UFO discussion in June, which I know I’ve forgotten if it ever WAS the one you referred to. Tell you what… PM me the dates you want, and I’ll remove it if you want, but like I say… who cares?

There are rumors of Bernie not ruling out a run. At this point, were the elections held today, I’d go back to my old 2016 self.

I’m happy your care straightened out for you. Look at what they did during covid to ruin our health care system further…  They failed you and so many of us. Look at what they did to our budget process. Look at what the oil and gas industry has done, Wall street, and the oligarchs. Jeebus, somebody get me a compass.

Let’s carry on together.

Hell, no... I'm not giving up...

JonLP
        Participant

I probably worried about it too much. Anything I posted in late May and early June can be deleted including the post I made in the UFO thread.

Thanks. It is good to be back 🙂

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.