JPR Sports

Home JPR Sports

At this point, I'd even settle for a tennis or figure skating post!

• Green Dog Dem (3276 posts)
    Profile photo of Green Dog Dem

At this point, I'd even settle for a tennis or figure skating post!

Aloha! KamaAina in the hale (house).

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
11 replies
  • Enthusiast (10167 posts)
    Profile photo of Enthusiast Donor

1. I can't say what you are getting at.

"The NSA’s capability at any time could be turned around on the American people, and no American would have any privacy left, such is the capability to monitor everything. There would be no place to hide."  Frank Church "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." - Frederic Bastiat, 1848

3. It's a jab at an old hand from SV's sports group

whose stated goal was to turn it into “the tennis and figure skating forum” , as well as the utter lack of traffic here. 

• Spinach Jam (37 posts)
    Profile photo of Spinach Jam Banned

2. I stayed up all night Friday + Saturday to watch the Aussie Finals

Historic matches, and some brilliant tennis at times too.

I’ve grown to become a big Roger Federer fan over the years, and I really thought after Wimbledon that he should hang it up so as to not tarnish his legacy as the Tennis GOAT, but you then again you can’t take a guys trophies just because he stays too long.  Anyway to see him actually get that next Grand Slam was fantastic, and despite Murray & Djokovic being out early, Nadal is also an all-time great.

Roger came back from 1-3 in the fifth and just overwhelmed Rafa.

Brilliant Classic All-Time Great Tennis Match.

I got nothing on the figure skating.

• quinn (125 posts)
    Profile photo of quinn Donor

4. Hockey

Anyone? Been watching the NHL all winter, mainly the leafs. Got a few more wks to go yet till get the playoffs but think it”s getting interesting in that a lot of the games are taking on a new meaning as teams are playing to get in em.

5. And the Leafs are in the eighth spot!

First the Cubs, now this?! The apocalypse is truly upon us! 

• quinn (125 posts)

7. Yeah they have a shot.

still alive. One of the rookies though, Marner, got a shoulder injury other night, didn’t finish. Hope he’s alright, along with most of Toronto (would think),  find out Sat guess, next game.

• Rozinante (3694 posts)
    Profile photo of Rozinante Donor

6. Well, MLB training camps open soon.

Daytona 500 pretty soon. NFL draft coming up in a few weeks…what will Browns do? And the NHL season is winding down, and playoffs start soon. Bummed my Lightning melted down, expectations were much higher.

http://deadstate.org/conspiracy-theories-make-people-feel-like-theyre-special/

8. Hockey in Florida makes even less sense than hockey in California.

At least we have snow up on the peaks. 

• Rozinante (3694 posts)
        Profile photo of Rozinante Donor

9. Yeah, and you have to play football indoors.

Don’t know about Miami, but the Tampa Bay Lightning sell out nearly every game. Lotta hockey fans here.

http://deadstate.org/conspiracy-theories-make-people-feel-like-theyre-special/
  • quinn (125 posts)

10. Haven't seen much TB yet

Know few wks or months maybe against leafs. Can’t remember much but they always seam to make playoffs. In the Atlantic I believe not gonna count them out. Checking out b10 hockey Min. up on Penn St.Been waiting to see them game, being televized and all.

• quinn (125 posts)

11. Watching leafs & canes

A late season game, Sun note and both teams still alive and seeing a lot of empty seats ice leave. Canes are rebuilding I think but maybe it’s a late arriving crowd, idk. Anyways I’m hearing the bye wk hurt a lot of teams momentum. Leafs been struggling to get wins lately, hopefully get the W tonite.