JPR Sports

Hockey Season is Winding Down

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Quinn
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 351

Bout a WK to go, looks like good couple games upcoming for wildcards. Be watching to see if Knights and their goalie MAF do, seen em few play, intense team, don’t give much ice up. Coyote, they played good down stretch, saw when they were just getting it together, look to skate well as a team. Team I been watching, another yr another first rd match up with the Bruins. The B’s were on a tear for awhile, got some separation from leafs to clinch for upcoming series. Leafs kind of was looking like coasting down stretch, loosing a couple dmen didn’t help, be watching to see if they get their dmen and can turn it up for series. Although the way Tampa played all yr, looking their yr frozen 4 starts up BTW, hope get see some of that, ND took spot over team was planning to root for, enjoy

Joe Shlabotnik
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 803

Yeah I’m worrying about my leafs.  I’m not a fan of Babcock too much to begin with, but he’s overplaying Anderson and the giving too much ice time to vets (Hainsey and Marleau) and pluggers like Brown. Getting our injured D-men back will be good, but will they be in game shape in time? After last year’s match up, and our inconsistent play since x-mas; I’m not getting my hopes up for the Leafs.

If Philly loses in regulation tonight, then I think they’re mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, but they’re putting up a serious effort tonight. I don’t really follow the Western Conference too much, because I’m in bed too early for work, most nights.

~ All good things are Wild and Free ~

Quinn
      Participant

took notice of Az team , back when the leafs rd played on rd trip game out their, gotta be few weeks back. Just one game but thought the teamed looked pretty good, looked and were down in the standings. Been kind of keeping an eye on em, not sure what clip they been playing at latter half, gotta be pretty good (was trying find something) but last I looked they were right there. This should be good to, if remember right (its early, not fully awake yet) but some of these teams in the chase will be going head to head to close .                                      o yeah, leafs had me nervous as well, last couple of games got me feeling better. With the B series, hopefully experience of past will help em. Not to mention getting d-men back etc. Anyways, good to hear from ya, this should be good, hopefully

Quinn
      Participant

Montreal plays Col. tonight, Have are 2 pts with only few GMs. Big game, was planning checking fla st gm basketball toury gm if can advance but this looks a little to good to pass, even better if Mon is home, enjoy

Quinn
      Participant

Frozen four underway BTW, go Clarkson  haha

Quinn
      Participant

Thought the season ended this weekend, one more WK to go, my bad. And the leafs, wow, at rate things going, they playing for wild card spot (not sure if good or bad, ATM set up for Bos series) or worse.

Joe Shlabotnik
        Participant

Damn right. I don’t know what to think anymore as a Leaf fan. Although I’ve seen it before. Our defensive play is a Joke, our break outs are bad, and our goalies can’t seem to concentrate.  We’ve been pounding opposing goalies with 45+ shots per game, but still can ‘t win one, even against bottom teams. Now tomorrow we play NYI in NY, and they’ve already beaten us resoundingly 2x this year, and clinched a playoff spot unlike the Leafs.

Quinn
      Participant

That was rough crowd last game, not liking  JT trade, with that will nyi try to rest some players for mon. Speaking of BTW, the way back up leaf goalie playing, looking to have to play Anderson, at least till clinch.  BTW heard coaches corner early in season, saying will regret let  go goalie Curtis mac,(forget Mac full name) will have to see, if did happen to fall as a wild card .will have to look if play someone else, played Washington the I think, idk not sure who or what atm

Joe Shlabotnik
        Participant

Yeah, Sparks is having a hard time adjusting to so few starts, after being the number 1, and winning the Calder and goalie of the year in the AHL last year. Andersen’s been playing like crap too though.  Babcock wanted to keep Macillhainey, but Dubas wanted to protect his star AHL goalie, so he did. TBH, I’d rather the Leafs end in a wild card spot if means not playing Boston in the 1st round.

Quinn
      Participant

Read little bout mentioned, always wondered about leivo going to van. On good note leafs get it done. Wonder what plan is now, rest Freddie, stat healthy and work on on some things. That a was a big last night, thinking ATM, maybe have to see how plays out, but will be Bos series. One thing, way TB been looking this yr,  that might not be good, idk.

Quinn
      Participant

Speaking of TB, just saw some of their highlites of last night, on that one goal, that was slick, these guys find each so well. As a sports fans, one of my favorite times of year, this should be fun, enjoy.

Quinn
      Participant

I’m eating its a Bos vs Tor series Joe but home ice still up for grabs. Tall order maybe at this point, no room error, expect Sparks in net, hopefully he can come up big.

Joe Shlabotnik
        Participant

This Tor – Car game is brutal to watch. Leafs have no life, I’ll be shocked if they come back in the 3rd. I think Boston clinches home ice with a win over Columbus, and they’re up 5-0 in the 3rd.

Quinn
          Participant

Yeah, that didn’t play out to well, Bos against a Col team in wild card race took care of bizness (on Col ice think). Looking like gonna be one tough series for leafs, just hoping Freddie stays healthy for now. The west race think looks over, av team have 1 lose in last 10 GMs iirc. East looks to still have a race. BTW on leafs, Mon gm against nyi, think heard Car. announcer say (watch leafs opponent feed as the picture is HD, way better for some reason) leafs top 2 lines really played a lot of minutes, will be interesting to see what happens in Bos series. Don’t think ever remember leafs coach doing this, idk maybe I’m wrong. Anyways. with season still few GMs would believe series starts later next week, hopefully soon I’m ready here on edit, leafs playing TB tonite, might see Jake G back

Joe Shlabotnik
            Participant

Yeah Freddy needs his to get his focus back.

I usually stream games online on my desktop, so the quality is hit and miss, but sometimes I prefer the other teams broadcasters (Detroit’s are among the best, Buffalo’s are the worst).

Always been a fan and defender of Gardiner, and if the leafs go down in the first round against Boston, then Gard’s has probably only got a few games left with the team, as his contact is up and they won’t be able to afford to keep him. Still I don’t expect too much from him tonight, he’s missed a lot of games.

Regardless of how shitty and inconsistent the Leafs have been as of late, they always bring their A game against Tampa, so it’ll be an fast, high skill game.

Quinn
      Participant

Game one Thurs Joe. Not sure what to expect but hopefully come out strong, game at time. BTW looking at some other GMs, the way some of these Wild Card teams played down stretch, wouldn’t be surprised to see them advance far

Quinn
      Participant

Off to good start Joe, least not gonna see Boston sweep. Visions of that entered my mind after that early PP goal but a couple of leafs goals had me feeling good and looking good. Gm two Sat. in Boston, B’s will wanna bounce back, this should be good.       Forget who’s on schedule tonite for other games, think the islanders is one of them.

Quinn
      Participant

Joe, gm two was brutal, now it looking like we won’t have Kadri. Gonna announce at game time but it can’t be good. Could u blame him, IDK, that knee on knee looked intentional, with all the other stuff going on, wow. Think tonite, with all this, alone with home ice, will see the refs, not letting things go (just hope they get it right). If not, can they play this type of game, and with who they have and win, IDK, it should be telling. One thing think the home crowd will be ready.

Joe Shlabotnik
        Participant

Yeah game 2 was a shit show even before the Kadri incident. We got sucked into playing the bruins game, instead of establishing our own.

Tonight’s game, though not as dominant as game one, was a much more solid effort by the leafs. Reffing was more fair, Toronto upped their toughness yet still used their speed, and also shut down Boston’s top line.

Quinn
      Participant

Yes, nice effort. Good to see AM get one the board, think he needed that and his one linemate little later with nice goal to beat the goalie (he had nice game all around thought). And Mariner with the blocks at the end, it looked to fire up Muzzin, hopefully there finding their game of early season regardless if come at them like gm 2. and keep it going. BTW avs new draft pick from today or yesterday I think, from Umass in line up tonite and making presence felt.

Quinn
      Participant

Tough loss for the leafs, top line for B’s played big when needed. All even going back to Boston, dont see coach overloading a line for a shift or two but Joe think maybe we will see a change or two (hoping here)? Did look like they had better game but B’s with those timely goals got better of them on the score. One thing, they looked tight to start, and looked like it took being down before they got right, whatever happing, if so idk, they gotta get over that.

Joe Shlabotnik
        Participant

That was a tough loss. I cant see Babcock changing much up without Kadri in the lineup though, and also Boston gets the last change. You’re correct though, the Leafs did look too tight to begin the game, and Boston capitalized on each and every one of their mistakes. Gotta play a full 60 minute game in the playoffs.  Oh well, off to have some beer and wings for game 5. Go Leafs!

Quinn
      Participant

Leafs take gm 5. What a gm, had me on edge of seat. And with that BTW, think I’ll go back to spectator haha, the line wanted to blow up, comes through big. Except for gm 2, moments in gm 4, they been looking good, big win. On to gm 6 Sun afternoon.

Ohio Barbarian
      • Total Posts: 14,651

You have to admit, the Blue Jackets’ sweep of Tampa Bay is one of the biggest upsets in sports history, not alone the NHL. Anyone know what happened?  I saw none of the games–they cost too much.

It is better to vote for what you want and not get it than to vote for what you don't want and get it.--Eugene Debs

Show me a man that gets rich by being a politician, and I'll show you a crook.--Harry Truman

Quinn
      Participant

CBJ was good story, not sure timeline of this but on west coast swing, things weren’t working or something for them. Think they had team meaning around that time to get everybody same page and to play together (team wasn’t together) and then down the stretch started things got going and started to play really good Basically played their way into the playoffs, think loss one gm during stretch. There play got em one of last playoff spots, it matched them against top seed TB. And looks like they have kept it going, a Tampa Bay sweep by them, team everyone thought was gonna go right through win it all. In that series, some games they made it look in easy fashion. Funny hearing some saying they in shock over TB going down, I was watching Col play down stretch they looked like tough out for anybody. Right now, there waiting on winner of leafs bos series. They do got nice team, believe really good record at home, if remember right along with the team meeting and run  to make the playoffs.

Quinn
      Participant

Thought I’d mention Shark goalie last night, stopped 58 out of 59 shots or something like that. Team won in of to send series to 7th gm. Also Bos wins to force 7th gm, leafs had great opportunity to clinch but guess only fitting for a 7th (not to mention also leafs fans get to sweat another one out). BTW Ohio mentioned tickets, saw them going for gm, not if, what going for 7th gm, enjoy

Quinn
      Participant

Congrads to Boston, team, coach, etc. nice win. Now Blue jackets in waiting, looking forward to see this Blue Jacket team play in the next rd. BJ had a little layoff but otta be some good playoff hockey. On a last note, announcer mentioned B’s can skate through u or around be interesting how this plays out.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.