JPR Sports

Home JPR Sports

Holiday Bowl 2016

• Snort McDork (1794 posts)
    Profile photo of Snort McDork Donor

Holiday Bowl 2016

Washington State loses to Minnesota.

How could they? Is WSU that incompetent a program? Geeezzzz.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• LuckyDog (640 posts)
    Profile photo of LuckyDog

1. The PAc12 does not play defense

The Big Ten does.  This year the Big Ten has been the best conference overall.  A down year for the SEC as well, except of course for the beast Alabama.

Tide has not seen a passer like Browning at UW, but Huskies have not seen a defense like Alabama’s.

Ohio State is not the juggernaut it was two years ago when they hosed Bama.

I sure hope Washington can slow down the Alabama offense by causing some turnovers, I think they lead the nation in causing them.  Hope to see UW and OSU in the title game but Clemson might upset that applecart.  Gotta play defense to win in football.  The days of run and shoot with no defense are gone.  Teams must have balance and must play good defense.  A good kicker can mean the difference as well, as often times they are called on to score when the offense gets bogged down.

Saturday looks like a great day for these playoff games.

• LuckyDog (640 posts)

2. Hey, Snort

did you see any of today’ games?

Big Ten about to go 3-1 as best as I figure it.  Northwestern beat Pitt, who had beaten Clemson and Pedophile State during the season. Northwestern was 6-6.  Indiana is ahead of Utah, 24-23 and are driving for another score with about 4 minutes to go.  Indiana was 6-6 also.

• Snort McDork (1794 posts)
      Profile photo of Snort McDork Donor

3. No I didn't. Cable off from not being able to pay bill.

But I have to stay true to the Pac-12. I have to go with UW. They could perhaps be a program that returns to how it used to play in the 90’s: tough. I mena even Oregon was overrun by their defense. But that was the Rich Brooks days.

But I am absolutely thrilled my Ducks upset FUCLA and their unbeaten streak died in Eugene. A dude by the name of Brooks hit a 3 from the corner to win the game with about 4 seconds on the clock.

Beautiful.

• LuckyDog (640 posts)

4. PAC-12 is a pass-offense conference,

always has been.  Last night I bragged too early as Indiana couldn’t hold the Utes off and they won, 26-24 on a last-second field goal that cleared the uprights by 6inches.  Big Ten now at 2-2.  But Colorado just got smoked bad by Okie State.  Tomorrow it will be Stanford against North Carolina.

they spoke a couple years ago about starting a real regular Pac-12 v Big Ten non-conference schedule.  They backed off from that but I wish they hadn’t.   Speaking of Washington, one of the best games I ever saw was Cal v UW in 1991.  Both were ranked and it took place in Berkeley the day before the Oakland Hills fire that destroyed 3,000 homes and killed about 20 people.  The small fire all us fans saw burning up on the hillside sending smoke disappeared by the end of the first quarter.  The game was great and the Huskies won.  That was a strong team and I think they shared the national championship with Auburn(?) but I’m not sure.

That fire though smoldered overnight and they didn’t get all the duff layer combustion put out.  Next morning, unusually hot temps for October with a fierce wind.  The rest is history, as that fire blew up big time and did its damage.  I have some great photos of this disaster as it progressed down from the hills into Oakland and Claremont.  It stopped about 6 blocks from my building.

i will never forget that, as it was almost exactly 2 years after the quake on October, 1989.

good luck to the remaining PAC-12 teams in their bowls.

LD

• LuckyDog (640 posts)

5. Big 10 got boatraced today

with 2 losses, Nebraska lost to Tennessee, Michigan lost to FSU.  Now at 2-4 in the bowls.

ACC is 6-2, SEC is 3-4 and PAC-12 is 2-2.

big games tomorrow and Monday.