JPR Sports

Is it a college or just a football stadium?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      HassleCat
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 7,501

Clemson football fans are upset because students are adding a “tiger claw” gesture to their cheering. It’s a new thing, and former students don’t like it because they didn’t do it when they attended Clemson. I wonder if they would get all excited if the college decided to sell its journalism department to Fox News. I went to a medium sized college where football was not a big deal, relative to someplace like Clemson, but the rabid fans still managed to suck money away from everything else.

Clemson football fans beg Clemson fans to stop a certain Tigers cheer (msn.com)

Ohio Barbarian
      • Total Posts: 21,888

I suppose one claw gesture looks very like another. So the kids want to have their own cheer and gesture. So what? Oh, that’s right–tradition. Sports fans have a tendency to get very hung up on tradition. The Clemson alums should just get out of the way and let the current students make their own fun, as they no doubt did in other ways back in the day.

I went to the University of Texas, and they’ve had the Hook ’em Horns hand sign since forever, although I’ve seen the same one waved plenty of times at various rock concerts.

This is a silly story, but not nearly as silly as those who think progressive Democrats will save us or that Trump will come back and return America to some mythical greatness.

It is better to vote for what you want and not get it than to vote for what you don't want and get it.--Eugene Debs

You can jail a revolutionary, but you can't jail the revolution.--Fred Hampton

HassleCat
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 7,501

I noticed Texas Athletic & Military has the Gig Em Aggies hand sign, which is almost the same as Hook Em Horns.

So Far From Heaven
        Keymaster
        • Total Posts: 9,383

‘not as silly’ part.

Isn’t this almost EXACTLY the same thing that gives us beliefs in UFO’s and such, much less political shit @ohiobarbarian ?

I wonder. Emotion versus reality. Or just emotion overriding reality.

Go whoever cause we believe in you!!!!

I went to a small school at first and FB or any other sport was minimal.

Grad school was a different story.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.