JPR Sports

It’s Playoff Time

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Quinn
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 377

Basketball and Hockey are all I know of going on atm but on the hockey side, as been watching that over basketball (unfortunately they seam to be going on at the same time and as well as trying to pick a series to follow). Just got in as I type here, Nah, Car gm in OT, Nashville with chance to even it up after I’m think going down 2-0 in series, good stuff but in the Leafs series happy to see them bounce back in fine fine fashion and even it up.

Joe Shlabotnik
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,406

was one of the most difficult I’ve ever watched. Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong.  Glad they had a strong bounce back game. I wonder what they’re going to do for goaltending being that game 3 and 4 are back to back. Do they risk giving Andersen a game?

~ All good things are Wild and Free ~

JonLP
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,584

And the Jazz lost.

Let this radicalize you rather than lead you to despair - Mariame Kaba

Like many public systems, GOP want to rip the battery out + say the whole car doesn’t work, so they can sell it for parts - AOC

Quinn
      Participant

Suns and Lakers, that sounds like a good one. The Nashville gm. with fans in attendance, ended up winning that, think that was back to back OT wins or something like that, series now 2-2. This series just got interesting on my end. Edm. finish was crazy, wonder how many folks wrote that game off after seeing Edm go up late 4-1. I was ready to, although my DVD recording mechanism or whatever it’s called did it for me (my bad on my setting my recording parameters haha). Told me my program was over, right when the jets cut in to the lead and get it 4-3.  Joe, puck drop in a few hrs, gm 3. Enjoy

Joe Shlabotnik
        Participant

I was hoping that they’d win because they’d be easier for the Leafs to beat instead of Winnipeg. Oh well, gotta get past the Habs first though. Hopefully we have a stranglehold on Les Toilet Seats after tonight.

Quinn
      Participant

3-1 now, Campbell with 32 save shutout on stat board, awesome. Hyman looked really good, hoping whatever injury he’s been dealing with is healing up and  Kerfoot, goes 100% plus it on the ice. Also gotta put in a shout out to the PK, been a sight to see. Also, how the different line combos, and seaming to be able to mesh and be interchangeable. Haven’t watched other teams but seamed like was seeing that at times during the season but if so, plan or not,  paying off now, if so great job and looking ahead as well as keeping everyone, depth, ready.  And, lastly, hearing Montreal needing more offense before gm, gonna play right I’m n the leafs hands. Need one more and on to the Jets Joeenjoy

Ik

Quinn
      Participant

Wow. Nice win by the Wild to get the series to a 7th gm Friday. They were asking who does Vegas start in net for this gm.

JonLP
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,584

The Suns play the Lakers tomorrow night with the series tied 1-1.

Beat LA

Let this radicalize you rather than lead you to despair - Mariame Kaba

Like many public systems, GOP want to rip the battery out + say the whole car doesn’t work, so they can sell it for parts - AOC

Quinn
      Participant

Sounds like the Bucks are looking good, saw the Boston score late they looked like they were gonna get a win. On ice, leafs are playing gm six few hrs, although had a nice comeback to force it, thought looked very tight. Get another chance to close this series and move on,  Go leafs

Joe Shlabotnik
        Participant

Go Leafs! Lets hope they discover some killer instinct. Last game’s comeback was ok, but the first period was a joke. Leafs gotta learn to put other teams away and stop making their own lives difficult.

Quinn
      Participant

Well Joe, that’s that, depressing series but yeah that would of been nice. My post above, guess that aged well, wow. In the round ball, tuning in for the Suns and Lakers series game is later tonight, not sure what’s up with that series but thinking Rd two in basketball looks pretty good matchups this is ear.

Joe Shlabotnik
        Participant

but I guess as a life long Leaf fan, you get used to coming back to that abusive relationship. At this point all I can hope for is that Winnipeg beats Montreal.  The 2 most insufferable fan bases around here are Montreal’s and Bostons, so I’m hoping anybody but them wins the cup now. Will probably watch the finals, but for me, summer has now begun.

Quinn
      Participant

Been tuning into basketball, it was always one my favorite sports, Blazer team trying to stay alive . Guess there’s a mismatch of fan bases in my area (lot of football) different sport teams but wow Leaf loss, that had me down for a couple of days, think finally snap out of that  it today. Guess what changes it any and see how next season and be back at next season. Question back of my mind, what will the divisions look like, as bad situation with the pandemic pretty fun set to watch. Not to mention I thought they had the team to make a run, anyhow nice talking leafs with ya while lasted, enjoy

Quinn
      Participant

Saw 2 good ones last night, NYI in hockey came back to win in OT, force a gm 7 and in b-ball, the Hawks taking gm 1. Hawks gm, got a nice team, didn’t think they would have a chance against the bucks, thinking seeing the sixers go against them be a better matchup but that was a fun game to watch, will have to see how this series plays out, go Hawks.

Joe Shlabotnik
      Participant

Fuck the Habs in 4!

Satan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 6,027

This game was all Bucks the first quarter. I thought they might actually put up a fight. But then it suddenly turned around and pretty much the Suns dominated the rest of the game… though not by as big of a margin as they did in the first game.

Admittedly, I ignore the NBA until the finals in recent years, so I’m hardly an expert on either team. But next game is Sunday in Milwaukee, so we shall see if “home court advantage” matters in this series. I’m not really invested in either team, but I’d like to see it go a full 7 games, just because there ain’t much else on TV. And if this drags out as long as possible, it might fill some dead air space up until the Olympics. Assuming those are still on??

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable". - John F. Kennedy

Satan
      Participant

And I’d say they delivered!

Bucks – 120

Suns – 100

Now…. can they tie it up 2 – 2 on Wednesday??

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable". - John F. Kennedy

Satan
      Participant

And I forgot to post about it after Wednesday’s game, so I guess I don’t care all that much either…..

Anyway, it was the most even game of the playoffs so far. Either team could have won this one right up until the end. The one thing that allowed Milwaukee to seal a victory (and 2 – 2 in the series) was the piss poor officiating. For the bulk of the game, there were plenty of bad calls going around on both sides, but in that last 30 seconds, it was VERY one sided, which allowed for the Bucks final lead, 109 – 103, those last 6 points all being shot from the line.

OK…. I wanted this series to go 7 games, and if the “home field advantage” holds up, that’s exactly what will happen. One of the teams has to win on the road to end it any earlier. But I really want to see the referees stay the fuck out of it, unless there’s blood on the floor or obvious broken bones, just back off and let them play. Or at least call the fouls on the guy who’s actually causing most of them. (Hint: it’s the guy whose ass the media can’t stop kissing, and I’m not even posting his name… mostly because I know I’d spell it wrong)

Back to Phoenix tonight for game 5, so probably a Suns win. But will it be closer than the first two games??

Satan
      Participant

*… by means of referee malfeasance which took two consecutive baskets off the Suns scoreboard early in the game. Should have been a 123-123 tie and gone into overtime. Instead of the 123-119 score that will be in the books.

But apparently somebody in the NBA whined about some of these guys being able to get to Japan in time for the Olympics opening ceremonies…. and  so they need to make sure this thing gets wrapped up by game 6.

My prediction for game 6 – Even more blatant dragonshit refereeing. Definitely all in one direction this time. Because they can’t take any chances of this going to game 7 now.

Yeah, I’m a cynical old Devil bastard, but these zebra striped fucks are being too obvious about it anymore.

Satan
      Participant

Though to be fair, you have to blame the Suns for playing like complete shit for pretty much the entire first quarter. They caught up, and even had the lead a few times, but if they hadn’t had such a deficit in the first 12 minutes, they probably would have won the game.

As for the so-called MVP…. yeah, he’s literally the Tom Brady of the NBA. And that’s NOT a compliment. Dirty cheating bastard & the refs call him on maybe 2% of his fouls. Fuck that guy.

Quinn
      Participant

Must of drifted off a little, missed the last couple of post but looks like we are coming around again soon on the fall with this stuff hopefully, with another Olympics think in the new year if I remembered right. Was always more a into winter Olympics but watching the last couple of summer games have really gotten more into. As well as those who participated, enjoy

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.