• working on it

If you are having login or password reset issues, please email [email protected] or [email protected]

• Site issues

New hamster wheels put into service last night: hopefully things will be a little faster and smoother now! There *were* some hiccups, but things seem to be OK now. Please log any problems in the "Help & Q&A Forum", thanks!

JPR Sports

Home JPR Sports

Playoff race' NHL

• quinn (68 posts)
    Profile photo of quinn Donor

Playoff race' NHL

Thought I’d celebrate my Internet upgrade with a sports thread (least I hope its an upgrade it still in the works). To anybody who’s been following, its looking like a really good finish, specially for the last couple of spots, the wild card spots. Been keying on the leafs and the east,  last I looked they got themselves up to the sixth spot, along with the panthers right in the mix. Anyways, long as could keep my center ice package funded, it looks like its a gonna be a pretty good finish.

Shlabotnik likes this

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
23 replies
  • Green Dog Dem (1466 posts)
    Profile photo of Green Dog Dem

1. Rangers look locked in to at least the seven

leaving Florida, Boston and the “Icelanders” to battle it out for the eighth and final spot.

Meanwhile, out West, the Tyrants Kings are on the outside looking in! 

Aloha! KamaAina in the hale (house).
    • quinn (68 posts)

11. Alright, hockey night in Canada

Leafs and Canadians! 4 pts separate leafs from division leader Canadians. Crowd should be charged up, leaf home game.

• Shlabotnik (467 posts)
    Profile photo of Shlabotnik Donor

2. lol, Obviously I'm watching it

Its tight in the East, especially in the Atlantic division, where any team going on a winning or losing streak can change everything. If the Leafs make it in I’ll be thrilled, but I won’t expect them to go far; they’re still kids. But its been a fun year to be a fan.

~ All Good things are Wild and Free ~
  • NVBirdlady (3774 posts)
    Profile photo of NVBirdlady Donor

3. Where are the Penguins in the mix? Haven't been watching.

President Trump. Thanks DNC, HRC, DWS. #StillSanders. #NoDAPL  #NoKXL Giant Meteor 2020
  • quinn (68 posts)

4. Thought habs were gonna run away with their division

Few wks ago. Now top 7 teams separated by 10 pts.

• quinn (68 posts)

5. Pens and rangers tonite

Think gonna be blacked out. Anyways leafs playing with house money I think. Get in playoffs great, if not would think get high draft slot. Mentioned pens, looking good fron what I seen, although heard last nite mite be missing some d men to injuries. Not sure how long. Kings idk, goalie injuried or some thing. Leafs playing the west coast next wk, otta be interesting, will get to see some of those teams.  Anyways hopefully im making sense here, I’m not hooked up online till sat and my only sorse atm to get online has half the screen missing and gotta replace tom if get time. Sick over just got this nice phone and I break it. Enjoy out

• Shlabotnik (467 posts)

6. Watching Leafs/Rangers right now

Rangers should be up by ~3 goals by now, but Andersen’s keeping the Leafs in it. Leafs have gotta learn some D if they want to be a playoff team.

• quinn (68 posts)

7. Heard something bout three deadline

March 1. Am curious if they make a move. Saw update on Brown goal. Good one out west later if can’t get to see this, Bos. and LA. I’m sorry that’s trade deadline. NHL network teasing me me showing me look in of the gm, better than nothing guess. Fredie key to game so far they said, nice.

• Shlabotnik (467 posts)

8. Lot of rumours about Shattenkirk becoming a leaf,

and also Chicago wanting JVR, but have nothing to trade in return.

Go Kings!!

• quinn (68 posts)

9. Loosing my phone can't see what I'm typing

But yeah, he’s good. Dman, maybe draft picks in return, idk. If habs lost and leafs point 3 out. Enjoy kings game, be rooting for em. Think they are couple spots out.

• quinn (68 posts)

10. Sens could tie or take over 1st

1. Tonite I believe with a win. Big gm fla in action to also in that division. Not sure on west but light schedule otherwise looks like
          • quinn (68 posts)

12. Not sure how leaf fans feel

Like to see them keep jvr, not sure about contract if doable or what yr he’s in but he has some nice skill around the net, good net presence and finishes. Idk I’m sure I missing somebody but not sure of any other leaf besides Matthews right now that gives them that.

• Shlabotnik (467 posts)

13. Fans would be pissed

He’s a popular player, he has just over one year left on a very affordable 4.5M contract.  That makes him all the more attractive.  He’s a finisher around the net that a playoff team would love.  TBH, we have depth coming up through the Marlies plus whatever possible trades, so although Id miss him (as a fan), I think its time to pull the trigger on him in exchange for somthing like Chicagos 1st round round picks for 2018, and 2019.

• quinn (68 posts)

14. Saw your post

And just heard leafs pickup Brian Boyle c. Was reading he pretty versible, otta be interesting, wonder if he will be in the line up for tomorrow”s game. Gave up a 2nd rd pick.

• quinn (68 posts)

15. Getting caught up on some other trades

Shattenkirk to caps and belive Benn to Canadians. First ones tough, would looked good in a leaf uniform. Canadians won also tonight btw, there on a roll.

• Green Dog Dem (1466 posts)
                    Profile photo of Green Dog Dem

16. It's Canadiens, dammit!

Canadiens! I thought only clueless sportscasters in the Lower 48 screwed that up! 

Aloha! KamaAina in the hale (house).
                    • quinn (68 posts)

17. Thanks for pointing that out

Hopefully it doesn’t happen again.

• quinn (68 posts)

18. Boyle looking really good in

2nd gm as leaf. Leafs up 2 zip going into the 3rd. Panthers tied up the leafs earlier in eve. for the 8th spot with ot loss in Philly, big gm.

• Shlabotnik (467 posts)

20. At 6'6" and 245lbs,

its hard to believe that Boyle flew beneath my radar playing with the Lightning, but he looks to bring some real leadership skills along as well. I’m disappointed that there weren’t any major trades involving the leaf veterans, but judging by how they played in this recent road trip, they may not even make the playoffs.  I’m sure Lamoriello will be active in the off season.

• quinn (68 posts)

21. Ouch, that road trip was tough

Hopefully regroup upcoming. B’s look be rolling and islanders look to be playing great. Haven’t looked at standings in a while hopefully least 8th spot will still be up. Boys, yeah, got to see lot of ranger games, he was their. Remember the d being crazy good, diving in front shots and blocking em, little things, believe he was right in their mix. Hopefully they get on roll, fun team to watch.

• quinn (68 posts)

19. The young leafs look to be fading

• quinn (68 posts)

22. Good win for leafs tonite over philly

Battle of WC teams, leafs come out with the w. Win puts them back in the 8th spot pending islanders game out west. Haven’t seen the latest with other teams but-sounds like the TB in race ATM and been playing good.

• quinn (68 posts)

23. Leafs beat the jackets

Tonight on the road in Columbus. Big win, puts the them ahead of the B’s in the playoff race, nice win. Columbus team, could see why they are near the top in pts. Team is big but fast, gonna be interesting to see how they do in the playoffs.