• working on it

If you are having login or password reset issues, please email [email protected] or [email protected]

• Site issues

New hamster wheels put into service last night: hopefully things will be a little faster and smoother now! There *were* some hiccups, but things seem to be OK now. Please log any problems in the "Help & Q&A Forum", thanks!

The Voice of Poverty and Disability

Home The Voice of Poverty and Disability

board of medicine

• VoiceOfReason (989 posts)
    Profile photo of VoiceOfReason Banned

board of medicine

every state has a board of medicine.

The poor and the pain afflicted patients often get  screwed over by the health care people.

I would suggest that when it happens file a complaint with your state board of medicine.

If enough people did that it could lead to a better health care system.

Just goggle “state board of medicine.  It’s easy.

BTW, has anyone here done that?

Enthusiast, twenty, Dragonfli and 2 otherszoolook67, Haikugal like this
    "Men who do evil brilliantly are often admired"  Voltaire BERN BABY BERN!!  War is madness!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Dragonfli (788 posts)
    Profile photo of Dragonfli Donor

1. I have tried that, but didn't even get a form letter recognition response

Who knows, perhaps it is in review, in my State the war on patients that truly need some measure of relief from pain to avoid insanity is reaching a peak, clinics are closing everywhere, pain meds are being lowered across the board leaving people to suffer (punishment I guess fore daring to be in pain). My general medical care for ailments that are killing me are also being addressed less and less as time goes by (the love child of medicaid and insurance has created a ravenous monster that devours the access to care by the impoverished by lowering reimbursement rates and practicing medicine for our doctors to save money by denying as much treatment as possible..

Meanwhile, back in the black market, business is booming more than ever I am told (I wouldn’t know personally, I lack money and so if I lose even more of my pain relief I have no way of obtaining my needed medication the way addicts do).

I often wonder what geniuses decided to go after extremely monitored and medically examined and probed beyond all reasonable measure, patients, with well documented and medically explained experiences of pain, rather than focus on the abusers (with health treatment for their addictions rather than criminal punishment for a different sort of illness which addiction is, rather than incarceration that actually changes otherwise law abiding people into real criminals rather than addicts in need of treatment) or more importantly the dealers that profit from the misery of abusers (actually, the answer to that is self evident, corruption and the cost of doing bossiness AKA bribery to keep themselves immune)

Thank you for posting this, perhaps our purposefully ignored whispers of individuality can become a roar as a large crowd and then be noticed and dealt with fairly.

It is a good idea, I don’t think they much care about anybody’s suffering or life expectancy, they don’t even appear to care when people die in the streets of exposure. Humans have no value unless they are productive livestock or our livestock owners which are valued beyond measure.

Perhaps if we were made of oil? Na, the’d just frack us until all that’s left were stray methane molecules.

Keep trying and keep asking others to add to the choir, it is a good idea even if they don’t much give a shit, we have still have to at least try.

“We must dissent from the indifference. We must dissent from the apathy. We must dissent from the fear, the hatred and the mistrust. We must dissent from a nation that has buried its head in the sand, waiting in vain for the needs of its poor, its elderly, and its sick to disappear and just blow away. We must dissent from a government that has left its young without jobs, education or hope. We must dissent from the poverty of vision and the absence of moral leadership. We must dissent because America can do better, because America has no choice but to do better.” Thurgood Marshall    

• Silver Witch (3679 posts)
      Profile photo of Silver Witch Donor

2. Well said Dragonfli….I am sorry for all who suffer…

and am thankful I am in California – where at least my sister will be able to get pot even if they cut her other pain medications.

You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free. ~ Clarence Darrow
      • VoiceOfReason (989 posts)
        Profile photo of VoiceOfReason Banned

3. i second your reply

excellent.

"Men who do evil brilliantly are often admired"  Voltaire BERN BABY BERN!!  War is madness!