• New Registration

To become a member of JackpineRadicals please see post https://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/new-members/

The Voice of Poverty and Disability

Home The Voice of Poverty and Disability

Chronic Pain

• GuardianOne (703 posts)
    Profile photo of GuardianOne

Chronic Pain

15 Words That Mean Something Totally Different When You Have A Chronic Illness

https://www.buzzfeed.com/laraparker/words-with-a-different-meaning-when-you-have-chronic-pain?utm_term=.xm6LgN9gX#.cvj8k2xk0

Dragonfli, CountAllBernieVotes, DJ13 and 14 othersGreedKills, Doremus Jessup, The Crone, Enthusiast, bbgrunt, melurkyoulongtime, atomic, Babel 17, polly7, Downwinder, heddafoil, KarenS, NVBirdlady, Haikugal like this

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• GreedKills (466 posts)
    Profile photo of GreedKills

1. Thank you

for the link funny how words can take on new meanings.

We could of had people in the street celebrating a Sanders victory...........  #FreeJulian
  • Alleck (1 posts)
    Profile photo of Alleck

2. Medical Marijuana?

Hi All, I just want to ask if anyone ever tried using medical cannabis as an alternative meds? I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of chronic pain, bone injuries, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Like this article about a marijuana strain called Chupacabra from:http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/chupacabra/ . Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don’t even smoke. If this is true I cant find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks

• Dragonfli (1351 posts)
      Profile photo of Dragonfli Donor

3. I suspect you will find ppl more knowledgeable regarding strains and uses in

the forum https://jackpineradicals.com/groups/cannabis-on-jpr/forum/

I personally know only a bit about CBD and THC, two of the main compounds found in cannabis. Strains high in CBD and low in THC are especially effective treating certain conditions and have the advantage (for those that find it important) of not getting one stoned. THC is more effective treating other conditions and the more contained in a strain the “higher” one gets. There are experts that know about which blend of the two is favorable for what may ail one, I am not one of them.

I suggest trying the question in the cannabis forum, but perhaps someone can help you here as well.

“We must dissent from the indifference. We must dissent from the apathy. We must dissent from the fear, the hatred and the mistrust. We must dissent from a nation that has buried its head in the sand, waiting in vain for the needs of its poor, its elderly, and its sick to disappear and just blow away. We must dissent from a government that has left its young without jobs, education or hope. We must dissent from the poverty of vision and the absence of moral leadership. We must dissent because America can do better, because America has no choice but to do better.” Thurgood Marshall

• Pakhet (230 posts)
      Profile photo of Pakhet Donor

4. I was ready to pack it in before my sister bullied me into trying medical

marijuana. I still have a lot of pain most days, but it has certainly helped and I’ve been off otc pain meds, mostly, and off all narcotics for almost 5 years. I have lupus and am currently doing testing for MS as well, which I’ll whine about later (if that’s ok with y’all).

Never be cruel, and never be cowardly, and if you are, always make amends. The Doctor
  • davidthegnome (1440 posts)
    Profile photo of davidthegnome Donor

5. Accurate.

Especially number 4

“Why are you tired?”

Well, I’ve been existing all day.  I know the feeling.

“There is no distinctly native American criminal class save Congress.” - Mark Twain