The Voice of Poverty and Disability

Home The Voice of Poverty and Disability

March for our Lives! Chris Hedges hosts organizers

• Dragonfli (815 posts)
    Profile photo of Dragonfli Donor

March for our Lives! Chris Hedges hosts organizers

Cheri Honkala, director of the Poor People’s Economic Human Rights Campaign, and Galen Tyler, leader of the Kensington Welfare Rights Union, organizers leading the March for Lives, which will aim to raise awareness of poverty and homelessness. Regarding their protests planned for the upcoming Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia.

Clarity of Signal, tokenlib, Dont call me Shirley and 4 otherspolly7, Enthusiast, heddafoil, daleanime like this

“We must dissent from the indifference. We must dissent from the apathy. We must dissent from the fear, the hatred and the mistrust. We must dissent from a nation that has buried its head in the sand, waiting in vain for the needs of its poor, its elderly, and its sick to disappear and just blow away. We must dissent from a government that has left its young without jobs, education or hope. We must dissent from the poverty of vision and the absence of moral leadership. We must dissent because America can do better, because America has no choice but to do better.” Thurgood Marshall

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
6 replies
  • Enthusiast (6596 posts)
    Profile photo of Enthusiast Donor

1. This is going to get interesting.

"The NSA’s capability at any time could be turned around on the American people, and no American would have any privacy left, such is the capability to monitor everything. There would be no place to hide."  Frank Church
    • Dragonfli (815 posts)

2. We live in in interesting times. /nt

“We must dissent from the indifference. We must dissent from the apathy. We must dissent from the fear, the hatred and the mistrust. We must dissent from a nation that has buried its head in the sand, waiting in vain for the needs of its poor, its elderly, and its sick to disappear and just blow away. We must dissent from a government that has left its young without jobs, education or hope. We must dissent from the poverty of vision and the absence of moral leadership. We must dissent because America can do better, because America has no choice but to do better.” Thurgood Marshall

• Dont call me Shirley (3107 posts)
    Profile photo of Dont call me Shirley

3. Beans 4 Hill, that ought to be odious.

Thanks for posting, Dragonfli.

• Dragonfli (815 posts)

4. You are welcome, I only wish I could attend /nt

• tokenlib (153 posts)
    Profile photo of tokenlib Donor

6. Hopefully I'll be there for the march and following rally…n/t