• Update on weirdness

Update on site issues: (1. replies now need a title *and* something in the message box, 2. certain links are causing strange pop-ups on Apple devices, and 3. Some folks can't type anything into the text box.) Basically, a series of unfortunate events set us back on testing. We'll get to it as soon as we can, and hopefully things can get fixed by this weekend if not before.  More info: https://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/site-problems-more-info/

The Voice of Poverty and Disability

Home The Voice of Poverty and Disability

PPC pt.1 The crisis today, why we need a new Poor People’s Campaign

• Dragonfli (1008 posts)
    Profile photo of Dragonfli Donor

PPC pt.1 The crisis today, why we need a new Poor People’s Campaign

We live in a time of profound crisis, a time where virtually everywhere, nearly all systems and institutions fundamental to society — political, economic, social and religious — at best fail to meet people’s needs and at worst cause widespread suffering. Poverty and economic insecurity are widespread with nearly 1/2 of the world’s population—more than 3 billion people—living on less than $2.50 a day, 870 million people chronically malnourished, and millions more without health care, housing, food, education, jobs that pay adequately. Climate change is wreaking havoc all over the planet, impacting the poorest and most vulnerable the most. In recent decades, we’ve also seen a steady increase in war and violent conflicts which have left millions of poor people dead, displaced, and dispossessed.

In recent decades we have seen the development of a newly globalized ruling elite and power structure. The power of global capital and the institutions that serve it have meant a globalization of the political, economic, and social systems that produce poverty today. They have also meant that crises in any of those systems have devastating world-wide effects for the poor.

The profound economic crisis we are experiencing is a result of a profound crisis of leadership in the United States and in the world today. The global economic crisis has revealed the fundamental weakness in our global economic order: although we have the technical means to produce an unheard of abundance, we continue to witness a massive expansion of poverty and deepening economic inequality. There should be no poverty when there is plenty; there should be no abandonment amidst abundance. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. argued that, “There is nothing new about poverty. What is new, however, is that we now have the resources to get rid of it… Why should there be hunger and privation in any land, in any city, at any table, when [human beings have] the resources and the scientific know-how to provide all [humankind] with the basic necessities of life?… There is no deficit in human resources, the deficit is in human will…The time has come for an all-out war against poverty.”

edited to include link https://poorpeoplescampaign.org/

Enthusiast, Shlabotnik, Haikugal and 5 othersPADemD, Tuesday, Eggar, VoiceOfReason, ThouArtThat like this

“We must dissent from the indifference. We must dissent from the apathy. We must dissent from the fear, the hatred and the mistrust. We must dissent from a nation that has buried its head in the sand, waiting in vain for the needs of its poor, its elderly, and its sick to disappear and just blow away. We must dissent from a government that has left its young without jobs, education or hope. We must dissent from the poverty of vision and the absence of moral leadership. We must dissent because America can do better, because America has no choice but to do better.” Thurgood Marshall

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
7 replies
  • VoiceOfReason (989 posts)
    Profile photo of VoiceOfReason Banned

1. great post

What we have in the world today is a form of cryptic genocide and Nazi-like eugenics.

By killing off the poor disabled underclass it allows the government to give more tax cuts to the 1% richest people and provide unlimited funds to the military/industrial/complex.

"Men who do evil brilliantly are often admired"  Voltaire BERN BABY BERN!!  War is madness!
    • Dragonfli (1008 posts)

2. The neo-aristocracy believes in social Darwinism and show less than concern

in fact, many believe the “herd culling” intentional.

In their sociopathic minds, we are less than, human serfs, only “useful as livestock”, and only for as long and in as many numbers needed to “pull their carts” while they complain of ass boils when sitting on cushions of satin. They, the pampered parasites that produce NOTHING, siphon everything, feeling superior yet incapable of feeling empathy for the lives lost (we inferior beings) which can objectively be said to produce everything. A penny spent in grain to feed old or unneeded livestock too precious to them to part with no matter how many metric tons of gold lie within their vaults.

Welcome to the modern gilded age, we are commodities, not people, useful only as a means to prosper, thought of only as natural resource, strip-mined until dry, then left to die.

Even our middle class brothers and sisters are nothing more than a limited market to prosper from, until they as well lose value and are thought better dead, because we and they, may, while allowed life, use some of the enormous wealth.

Wealth actually produced in this country exclusively by the poor working and middle class they abandon after use because their avarice is so great they would lose not a single penny to livestock no longer fit for work or meat. Those that would hasten our death vacuum all the wealth produced to keep for themselves alone, they, the very ones that produce nothing at all yet gain all.

They are negative producers that suck the life out of their hosts until dead, not caring that it is the host that works to produce that which both the parasite and the host survive upon.

I have been working with my friend Bobby (another that knows poverty and homelessness well having lived it like myself) have been discussing ways to introduce poverty issues into the platforms of the alt left groups that would either retake the party or replace it.

All that modern politicians are willing to discuss are the middle class and above, even among the so called “far left”, with very few exceptions, we seek to change that by reaching out to these troublemakers, these thorns in the side of both neoliberal and republicans alike. It may be useless, but if any politicians might again be concerned with a war on poverty these “upstarts” are likely the only ones, The Poor People’s Campaign are our non politician allies that may in unity and numbers, continue passing the torch of an Issue MLK was murdered while it was in it’s infancy, and the movement strangled in the crib immediately after.

The last response I sent her might help you realize what we would do along with as many allies as we can gather to help us.

“We need a voice! We both have one, mine is stifled at the moment by physical restraints that are deeply affecting concentration which interferes with my usual ability to focus properly on such work, or successfully move hearts and minds, my only real writing talent.

I will be well enough soon to add my voice to yours, my work tends to be more about bringing out the dormant empathy, enthusiasm and inspiration in those that have those traits yet need “wordsmithing” to access and activate such traits that the good hearted yet unaware, need awakened to embrace the reality of the enormous breath of poverty in America, to awaken them to the emergency condition it has truly reached, and to facts untold that so few are aware of.

They know some poverty statistics, generalized and usually limited to comparisons of percentages of wealth as compared to the extreme upper class and the collective lower, but not the gory details.

I hope my talents along with yours will prove useful and we together (along with others) will help resurrect the long abandoned war on poverty, lost over decades as other issues grab all the focus, many of those issues are important as well, but as I told that DLC candidate we reached out to, “the middle class” is not the only group being threatened and harmed, nor are our concerns less important than other serious issues that threaten life, peace and freedom that are given speech and mention in political discourse while poverty remains unspoken, triage dictates that the lower classes must be spoken of as forcefully as other important issues, at least as much and far more forcefully IMO than many of those other important issues (preferably more so than anything less than immanent military war on our soil, due to to greater hardships and immediate needs of people that die every day of poverty in large numbers in this not only immanent but currently active war against the poor, whose casualties outnumber soldiers killed at present in military wars we are involved in officially or otherwise.).

We must find the true numbers of poverty related deaths, they are well hidden, if kept at all, if such statistics are recorded I know not where.

Perhaps one of our allies can find those numbers (understated and under reported as poverty related) so the war against poverty will no longer be long forgotten, but rather seen for the death and suffering that is as real as our soldier’s dying in combat.

The poor fighting this war to survive, never signed up to be slaughtered by our unfettered capitalism and it’s corrupt policies enacted by corrupt politicians. Nor were they trained and equipped as soldiers are to combat societies cold, unnoticed attacks and the battles waged against them.

My dream is that soon – all over alt media, left leaning sites, and among all left wing politicians, the war on poverty becomes as common a topic as corruption, regime change, Trump’s fucking hair and other “hot topics”, I want it front and center and lives saved by initiatives aimed not at the discomfort of “the middle class” that is losing it’s comfort, and it’s future stability yes, but not their lives as are those lost below that class, a class soon to be among our forgotten and invisible class whether they realize it or (as most usually) not. The poor are dying unnoticed in great numbers and that should be granted the importance and attention it deserves.

Thank you so very much for all this hard work you are doing, it will be a very large part of such a dream, and perhaps education and outreach will place it back on the “issues list” of all the left movements, politicians and alternative media sources as hoped.

It took me an entire day of rest, meditation, and heavy doses of oxygen to reply well to your efforts, been working on many of these scattered thoughts all day and was barely able to focus deeply enough to organize and convey them, but you deserve the effort as your efforts have dwarfed mine for over a week now.

Your work is coalescing nicely and will soon be put to good use towards realizing the dream I spoke of that I believe you share!

Denny”

I am trying to bring her to this group, and she has agreed but want’s to have a project fully up and running to bring with her. She is a true ally of all in this group, and has been since before this group was born.

Some may even already know her, her old SV username was Bobbolink.

“We must dissent from the indifference. We must dissent from the apathy. We must dissent from the fear, the hatred and the mistrust. We must dissent from a nation that has buried its head in the sand, waiting in vain for the needs of its poor, its elderly, and its sick to disappear and just blow away. We must dissent from a government that has left its young without jobs, education or hope. We must dissent from the poverty of vision and the absence of moral leadership. We must dissent because America can do better, because America has no choice but to do better.” Thurgood Marshall

• VoiceOfReason (989 posts)
        Profile photo of VoiceOfReason Banned

3. good post brother

I am on the same page as you.

"Men who do evil brilliantly are often admired"  Voltaire BERN BABY BERN!!  War is madness!
      • Enthusiast (8244 posts)
        Profile photo of Enthusiast Donor

6. I remember the name Bobbolink.

"The NSA’s capability at any time could be turned around on the American people, and no American would have any privacy left, such is the capability to monitor everything. There would be no place to hide."  Frank Church
  • Haikugal (5305 posts)
    Profile photo of Haikugal Donor

4. Thanks for this!

Bump!

Be the bird.....       Hey DNC! Up Yours! It's ON!! Kick against the pricks!!!
    • Dragonfli (1008 posts)

5. I am leaving the 5 part series pinned for a week for exposure, then unpin it

Perhaps I will pin the video introduction in their place as it holds links to them all within.

Too many pinned posts are an unnecessary clutter, but a temporary case was warranted IMO, thanks for the bump anyway. I am spending what little clear headed time I have left nearly exclusively in this group, I don’t feel very welcome by some in the main forums because of my heritage and although they are extremely small in number, one was my friend and I was shocked at the hidden thoughts revealed, I don’t want to fight anybody so I prefer avoidance.

Here is where I belong and I have neglected this group far too long anyway.

• Haikugal (5305 posts)
        Profile photo of Haikugal Donor

7. I realized the bump wasn't needed afterward. I was trying to gain more

exposure in the ‘latest’ lineup.

Excellent work as always. I saw your struggle and was appalled but didn’t have the ability to jump in at that time. I too am low energy at times.

Thanks again for sharing your work and I look forward to hearing from Bobolink (spelling?).

Be the bird.....       Hey DNC! Up Yours! It's ON!! Kick against the pricks!!!