The Voice of Poverty and Disability

Home The Voice of Poverty and Disability

share your thoughts and feelings

• grouchomarxist (149 posts)
    Profile photo of grouchomarxist

share your thoughts and feelings

poverty and illness is stressful and therapy is expensive.  let us know what’s on your mind.

malokvale77, Dragonfli, Enthusiast and 1 otherem77 like this

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Dragonfli (834 posts)
    Profile photo of Dragonfli Donor

1. A very good idea for this thread and this group, thank you for posting it

We are, or should behave as a family here, and although many may not have answers, merely talking among others that care and that will listen can be most helpful.

“We must dissent from the indifference. We must dissent from the apathy. We must dissent from the fear, the hatred and the mistrust. We must dissent from a nation that has buried its head in the sand, waiting in vain for the needs of its poor, its elderly, and its sick to disappear and just blow away. We must dissent from a government that has left its young without jobs, education or hope. We must dissent from the poverty of vision and the absence of moral leadership. We must dissent because America can do better, because America has no choice but to do better.” Thurgood Marshall

• grouchomarxist (149 posts)
    Profile photo of grouchomarxist

2. this might go against the depressive nature of this subforum

but i have a lot of hope.  the nonprofit projects i’ve been working on over the years are finally bearing some fruit and i think there will finally be the necessary change for those who most need it.

the hardest part seems to be dealing with obstructive mindsets; the toughest part of our job is being there with the statistics and personal stories to combat all the (health insurance company funded?) disinformation.

i’ve met the best people doing nonprofit and it’s always a shock to me to re-enter the casual job market and find that most people are petty, mean, stupid and selfish.  that’s no way to run an organization!

• malokvale77 (973 posts)
    Profile photo of malokvale77 Donor

3. This seems like the appropriate thread for my mindful wanderings.

As my beloved comes ever closer to his last breath, I have been thinking of those who have no one to hold their hand and comfort them as they journey from this world.

I also have been thinking of those who hold their hand and comfort them, but have no one to comfort themselves.